Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lizzie G

bad news

socialworksara

I haven't posted much but I've been following this thread since the beginning. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. I understand your decision even though I know it was a heart wrenching one for you to make. Please keep us updated and know that there are people pulling for you and thinking about you all over the world.

Jan B

My love and tears are with you Lizzie. I was sure hoping for better news. I am so happy that you don't have to go through this alone. This experience will only make you stronger and a more understanding person. I am so, so sorry.

aiah23

I cried Lizzie when I read your results. I can only imagine how difficult such a decision must be and I'm already praying down the road for another blessing, healthy, happy, and full of life:) Thank you for sharing this journey, I think it's good for all of us to know how you've been handling this, as a diabetic and a great person in general.

Fawn

ZoraP

I've been following this thread but haven't posted until now. Just want to add my support and wish you peace during the following days and weeks. It's all such a difficult process to go through, having to make decisions nobody wants to ever have to face.

adiantum

Huge hugs to you & your partner Lizzie.

I would've made the same decision if it had been me.

Wishing you a speedy recovery & happier days ahead

pinkbenjiblue

So so sorry, I know how diffucult a time this is. Know that people love you and that you are doing the best you can under very trying times. Know how sorry I am and you and your Family will be in our prayers....very difficult I am thrilled that you and your Husband are on the same page that is very important.....

jenb

Such an impossible decision to have to make. I'm so sorry for you and your husband. My thoughts are with you.

Jen

stardustshadow

I'm so sorry to hear this.

If it means anything, I think you are doing the right thing...In the best interests of your child and yourselves. And handling yourself wonderfully.

I cannot imagine what you are going through or how hard the choice must have been to make, but I will be thinking of you and sending you good thoughts!

e||ement

Lizzie

I'm so sorry...what a traumatic decision to have to make.

A friend of mine recently had similar circumstances with her pregnancy...and it's difficult to know what to say.

Just know that you are making the best decision for your family (you, hubby and the baby), and your little angel in heaven will always be with you. Even the tiniest little beings, inside or outside of our bodies, take up such great spaces in our hearts. Remember that.

Wishing you peace.

Ashley

foxl

I am so sorry, Lizzie. This is a hard decision to make, (but I agree it is the right one), and I hope you and your husband will find peace with it.

Be strong.

candyberry

Lizzie,

I am sorry to hear your news. I have been following this thread and hoping for good news for you. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

BRTY0708

5 years ago, I had the same diagnose with my son. I let them stick this big needle thru my stomach to draw fluid. Afterwards this nurse told me I should have put it in the hands of God. If there were something wrong would it have made a difference. You would have still loved that baby no matter what. My sons health is fine but he is on the very low grade of the autism spectrum. If this caused it, I do not know, but I love my son and that's all that matters. I do hope that you have a healthy baby, Put it in the hands of God. They say he never gives us more than we can handle. I believe you can handle this.

Subby

I really don't think the nurse had any business using God to guilt you out over allowing a medical procedure to occur. Sounds like a really nasty thing to have said to you, and something that has really stuck with you over the years.

With all due consideration to you and your son, low grade autism doesn't sound like the kind of situation here. Unless you have daily, constant experience with extreme disability and difficulty, it's a little hard to understand how you have the perspective to be passing down such absolute advice. And yes, I understand it is essentially evangelical, but perhaps it is worth finding out what the recipient's religious views are first. It would only be respectful and reasonable.

Lizzie G

Hi guys

I feel a bit guilty after everyone has been so kind and thinking of us that I'm only just back online to let you know I'm ok.

I went in on Tuesday morning to have the procedure. Had a bit of a disaster as the spinal anaesthetic i opted for (Im such a baby Im scared of having a general!) didn't quite work high enough up so the procedure started and it was agony; they ended up putting me to sleep anyway.

Anyhow, in the end the procedure went very smoothly with minimal after effects and no pain. Obviously it has been a rough few days for us emotionally, but it has helped a lot knowing a) that so many people have been thinking of us and praying for us and B) that we did the right thing and that poor little baby had a hopeless prognosis in this world.

As any of you who have lost a baby will know it's a difficult time. The full genetics report will come out soon, and we will find out whether there was anything else on top of the trisomy which might be inherited (the trisomy is just random thankfully) so we are know we are safe when we decide to try again. We will also know whether it was a boy or girl which is really important to us so we can give it a name and a proper memory. I know that sounds odd given the choice we made but we both loved that little baby so much and we dont want to forget it (well I think its a him). I just want his soul to rest peacefully and for him to know his mummy loves him and will always think about him.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone again for all your lovely messages it has helped us through a really hard time.

Liz xxx

pinkbenjiblue

Oh Lizzie, I hae thought of you often, I lost a trisomy pregnancy at 6 months. The baby stopped moving and I went in for a sono and was told to wait to see the Dr. We knew....we saw, she was not moving.....It is a very hard thing to deal with. I will tell you something, however, we were told that even if my pregnancy would have went full term the liklehood of this sweet baby living would be close to none.....we were an inigma, most times these pregnancies result in early miscarrieges, I was the unlucky one, you as well...I allso must tell you when there are more than 3 threads, I usually jump to the last page, I had no idea this type of pregnanct...had I known I would have told you that I did go on to have 1 more daughter, I have 2 and they are both worth the effort. I also wish I had known about this forum because the bounty of love, support and kindness that you are getting is priceless...I never really believed that anyone understood...All my best, take care of you and hugs...Renee

foxl

Lizzie: hugs to you, in this difficult time. I hope your recovery is swift and the tests results are back soon -- and GOOD!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.