Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rekarb

Just saw Endo Part 2 - very weird results

Rekarb

I have just got back my results and they are strange.

Range

A1c - 4.7 4.0 - 6.0

Est avg. glucose - 88.2 68 - 126

Fructosamine - 252 200- 285

LDLC, S - 192

I really don't care about the LDLC outside of what the "S" means. This isn't the test I requested, as far as I can see, it doesn't differentiate patterns of LDL.

Now that A1c isn't even close to any numbers that I've been seeing, avg glucose 88.2, have see that number maybe twice. Fructosamine would be about the equivalent of a blood sugar of about 120. This I can believe. It jibes with my numbers as I've been working with the Levemir.

So what do you folks think?

Mike

henword

Rekarb, is it possible that your bloodwork was accidentally switched with someone elses? The a1c and average BG is too low for a diabetic.

cherokee_psh

The results are confusing. Maybe a retest is in order since one result contradicts the rest.

foxl

I too would wonder about a mixup. And a renal panel? Since it affects BG turnover?

Only if it really does not match your readings!

Rekarb

Thanks for the replies. It would be nice to get a 4.7 but my numbers have been running high over the last 3 months and it is only in the last month that I've been slowly bringing them down with Levemir. I do have sickle cell trait which gives me a type of anemia but the research I did on A1c says that the A1c's I've had wouldn't be effected my this type of anemia. They might have done a different A1c and that might be the difference. Guess I'll call the doc and see what's up.

yannah

I no longer really trust a1c,s not like I wanted to. Mine are pretty far off from my readings and averages. other factors affect a1c,s besides average blood sugar. mine read too high. I rely more on my own testing and just look at my a1c to see if some radical weird trend is going on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.