Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moonpie

anyone using Bobs Red mill low carb baking mix?

Moonpie

I had been using it, mixed with flax for bread, ( makes the flax bread less dense) but yesterday decided to make a batch using only the LC baking mix. I used the recipe on the bag, & subbed the vanilla for almond ( as that is what was on the kitchen shelf. I also added about an ounce of sliced almonds. Had one straight out of the oven, with butter, & 2 hours later, my BG was only up by 5 points. SO I will be getting more of this mix. It is light enough in color to resemble a real muffin :) & while I do like the flax bread, it is nice to have something not so "hearty" once in a while.

mjrc64

Do you find this at your regular whole foods type store ro even a regular grocery store? I have not seen it.

Thanks,

mi-

Moonpie

the only place I have found it, is at our local bakery outlet shop. Other stores that I can get BRM other flours in, I cannot find the lc mix, so when I go there, I normally buy 2 or 3 bags of it. I hope you can find some, it is really good, not heavy & dense like flax breads. You may have to look online.

mzteacher

i just looked the the red bob's site and they also offer a red bob's low carb bread mix...they have recipes for breads, crepes, pizza dough and even low carb donuts....i think i will order and give it a try!

thanks for the new for me option!

susan

Moonpie

I hope you enjoy it I think I will try making a bread with it, using the muffin recipe, & just omitting the sweetener & maybe add a pinch of salt & some nuts or seeds.

HotFlashes

I saw the Bob's mix at Ocean State Job Lot. I wasn't sure how to use it so I didn't pick any up. They have all kinds of Bob's stuff. Since I wasn't familiar I passed on it. I'll be sure to take a closer look next time I go.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.