Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FarmerCathy

Do you find a trend of BG going higher or lower during pregnancy?

FarmerCathy

Hi all,

There is a good chance I'm pregnant this cycle and wanted to know if any of you noticed your bg numbers go up or down when your pregnant. I recently got off of insulin and am just on supplements. So far my numbers are staying pretty steady, but I am so hungry and it feels good to eat a full meal. Since going off of insulin this has been a blessing. It was kind of an oops, because we wanted to wait until Feb. at the earliest, but we are happy and I've just recently really have gotten my bs under control, which is great, I guess perfect timing, eh?

Thanks all.

aiah23
Hi all,

There is a good chance I'm pregnant this cycle and wanted to know if any of you noticed your bg numbers go up or down when your pregnant. I recently got off of insulin and am just on supplements. So far my numbers are staying pretty steady, but I am so hungry and it feels good to eat a full meal. Since going off of insulin this has been a blessing. It was kind of an oops, because we wanted to wait until Feb. at the earliest, but we are happy and I've just recently really have gotten my bs under control, which is great, I guess perfect timing, eh?

Thanks all.

My blood sugars going ridiculously low was how I strongly suspected I was pregnant. Not so many highs for me but a few women have posted they noticed this....the typical trend is more lows than highs. i've had a few highs but not so many compared to pre-pregnancy.

Fawn

FarmerCathy

Thanks. Good to know. I will just make sure to keep a close eye, though I should be ok unless I start taking insulin again. :)

wendytynes

Hi Cathy, I'm 5 weeks pregnant and my sugar was ok until 2 days ago it was going reall hi, my doc adjusted my insulin and so far so good. Good luck with your pregnancy hope all goes well.

Sbennett
Hi all,

Thanks all.

Mine at first were higher, but now they are running right where they should be. I just got my fasting bs in the 90's and during the day they are in the low 100's or lower. I have had to increase my insulin a lot though.

diaboki
I recently got off of insulin and am just on supplements.

I'm curious about this. I was on Metformin, but my DE took me off of that and put me on insulin for TTC (and pregnancy). Did your doctor take you off of insulin specifically for pregnancy?

FarmerCathy

No, it was just I didn't need the insulin since I could keep my bg normal without it with just exercise, supplements, and diet alone. I am currently on a pump with this pregnancy, I wouldn't be able to without it.

Barreira

My sugars started to sky rocket early on. I actually went to the doctor wondering if I had some sort of infection or something. Turned out I was 6 weeks pregnant.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.