Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yannah

here is one of the many things that pissed me right off today

Funnygrl

I don't get what pisses you off. It's basic science. If calories in < calories out, you get weight loss. I'm sure it's not very healthy. He's surely not getting good nutrients, but all it says is that he lost weight. Cholesterol comes from animal products, and it says he avoided meat, so that doesn't surprise me either.

yannah

I do not think that eating twinkies all day up to 1000 calories says much about anything. yes, you will loose wieght with calorie restriciton. no you should not go on a twinkie diet. we just really do not need to tell people to eat twinkies and fix your health. just my humble opinion. this kind of science is not even funny.

Patriots62

I think this professor is "dying" to become a member of this forum! He wants in folks!!! Is it smart, nope. Is he trying to prove a point? Only in his mind. Is he an adult? YUP!

foxl
I think this professor is "dying" to become a member of this forum! He wants in folks!!! Is it smart, nope. Is he trying to prove a point? Only in his mind. Is he an adult? YUP!

Is he crazy ... yup.

Jan B

It's about calories. And being overweight, and the damage that extra weight causes your body. I would only be mad if he were promoting his diet as healthy, and he's not.

yannah

but it does not matter what he is promoting, so many factors to put in place. and really I bet a million people went out and bought protein shakes and vitamins and a box of ho ho's of this I have no doubt.

yannah

calorie restriction causes wieght loss. who questions that? but what we eat effects so many things over time. and we all know asking our bodies for that much insulin all the time is not good. and that is just the start of the not good of this.

xMenace
but it does not matter what he is promoting, so many factors to put in place. and really I bet a million people went out and bought protein shakes and vitamins and a box of ho ho's of this I have no doubt.

It's not because of this. It's because the whole concept of what good food is is so grotesquely misshapened. It's no worse than the shopping carts I see full of white bread and Pepsi on Wednesdays when they go on sale here.

pepsi.jpg

Take your anger out on where it might do good: the keepers of USDA's food guide.

jwags

I notice they didn't measure his bg or do an HbA1c. When I turned 50 I decided I was way too heavy. I started to lose weight with lots of exercise but still continued to eat tons of carbs. I didn't eat much fat or any meat or cheese but ate lots of chips and lots of veggies. I lost 50 pounds in 5 years but also was dx'd with diabetes at the age of 56. My friends couldn't believe it after all that weight loss I could have diabetes. Well, I did. If you are insulin resistant all those carbs will destroy your pancreas. Hopefully this gentleman didn't do that.

inkvisitor

Such a shortsighted study - I wonder what kinds of stuff happens in the long term with that kind of diet. I guess a plus is that his lack of meat consumption improved his cholesterol numbers..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.