Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AznGunner

Ace inhibitors: enalapril

AznGunner

I recently went to my endo.....it's been several yrs since my last lab workup. Anyways, my a1c was at 6.5. The doc prescribed enalapril.....he said the only side effect might be a cough. Are others on this type of preventative med.....what are your experiences?? Good or bad? Other options??

daddyo

I take Enalapril Malate to lower my blood presure, it is the generic for my prescribed Vasotec. I have had now ill efects from this and my blood presure is in good control. I take 5mg twice daily.

middnite03

I take it once a day 20 mg, it keeps my blood presure in control and protects my kidnes from damage.. so far there have been no effects, and I have been on it for years.....

AznGunner
I take it once a day 20 mg, it keeps my blood presure in control and protects my kidnes from damage.. so far there have been no effects, and I have been on it for years.....

Just curious..how high was your blood pressure and did you have any proteins found in your urine? And what is your a1c?

middnite03

hhmmm a little personal info??/.. ok...

last a1c was 8.1 (very high for me), my blood presure is a constant 120 / 82 and yes they did find protein, but very little.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.