Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nycmom

Endo in Manhattan/NYC

nycmom

Can anyone reccomend a good endo in manhattan. I would like to get pregnant but unfortunately don't have an endo with a lot of experience with type 1 and pregnancy. Any recommendations are much appreciated.

aiah23
Can anyone reccomend a good endo in manhattan. I would like to get pregnant but unfortunately don't have an endo with a lot of experience with type 1 and pregnancy. Any recommendations are much appreciated.

Give this one some time. I know there's another pregnant type 1 in NY who works in NYC (?) and may be able to ask around for you but definitely give this one some time.

Fawn

Echolake

The Endocrine team at Mt. Sinai is really terrific, I've been seeing endocrinologists there since 1998. For Type I pregnancy Cindy Esrig, the nurse practitioner/pump/diabetes educator on staff is amazing - she's really helped me stay on top of all the changes involved in managing diabetes while pregnant, and she has done the Type I pregnancy thing with many patients. The Endo I had been seeing recently left the practice, but Dr. Weinstein, who I'm seeing now, I also like a lot. She's young but smart and competent. I really lean much more heavily on Cindy though for the day to day management during pregnancy, I only see the Endo every 3 months.

Another thing to recommend Mt. Sinai (though I found this out after the fact) is that they have one of the best team of perinatologists in the city, so for high risk pregnancy, which mine is, it's helpful to have the obstetrician and the endo team all compiling info into the same chart. Kind of a pain to get to if you're not on the UES (office is 5 E 98th Street) but my experience so far has been all positive. I've heard that the other good high risk maternity team in NYC is at Columbia Presbyterian, but I only have experience with the neurologists there, I've never gone to them for Endo or Ob/Gyn.

Hope this is helpful, good luck in your search!

nycmom

echolake,

anyway we can speak live? i would love to ask you a few more questions. if so let me know and we can email off line our numbers. thank you.

modbom

I just moved away but I saw Dr Elliot Rayfield on the upper east side for years. He's on staff at Mt Sinai and is a bit of a legend. He's quite old but he's fantastic. I wish I could find an Endo as good as him in my new home.

Dr Elliot rayfield

1150 Park Ave (@92nd)

NY, NY 10128

212 427 9191

Echolake
echolake,

anyway we can speak live? i would love to ask you a few more questions. if so let me know and we can email off line our numbers. thank you.

Sure thing, feel free to email me at education@annefrank.com and I'll send you my phone number :)

suzana911

Hello Ny ladies,

I live in the UES and i am currently looking for a pediatrician for our baby that is due nov 28 2012, can anyone help?

I love on east 80th so the closer the better but won't matter if is a bit far as long as it's good.

thanks a lot

suzana

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.