Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cookie

What was your last HBA1C?

am1977

Jen, that's great! :top: You are obviously doing something right! :smile:

I understand what you say about those swings in blood sugar...I deal with that a lot too and it's not fun, is it :thumpdown ? My A1c is about 1 month away and I'll be lucky if I get anywhere in proximity to yours (highly doubtful). :o

So continue your great work! :thumbsup:

jen_slc
Jen, that's great! :top: You are obviously doing something right! :smile:

I understand what you say about those swings in blood sugar...I deal with that a lot too and it's not fun, is it :thumpdown ? My A1c is about 1 month away and I'll be lucky if I get anywhere in proximity to yours (highly doubtful). :o

So continue your great work! :thumbsup:

Am, yeah, these swings are the bane of my life. Hopefully over the next month you'll be able to pinpoint any probs and keep your next A1c from creeping up. Good luck!

Dewey

I was really excited to find out that my A1C actually went up a little (now that I'm on the Novolog)! My most recent reading (as of last week) is 5.8 (previously, it was 5.0, but I was having issues with my Humalog). I don't mean to brag, just glad that things are actually working better. :thumbsup:

gettingby
I was really excited to find out that my A1C actually went up a little (now that I'm on the Novolog)! My most recent reading (as of last week) is 5.8 (previously, it was 5.0, but I was having issues with my Humalog). I don't mean to brag, just glad that things are actually working better. :thumbsup:

Brag away. You earned this result through hard work and determination.

JediSkipdogg
my last A1C was 10.1 its slowly comming down. id be happy to see it in the 7-8 range. It will soon be there.

And I remember the day that a 10.1 was acceptable.

My last one was a 7.8 about a week ago, up from a 7.3 in May. But I'm working on bringing it down plus my doctor lowered my correction factor from a 130 to a 110, so that should help out some.

EdnBama
The home test said 6.0 exactly one month ago....Drs test said 7.0 on Monday....I told him his machine was messed up since my BS for the past month were better than the previous month...... :star:

I didn't know there was such thing as a home test for A1C. Do tell me more.

EdnBama

Is there a reason why you want it to move up from a 5?

My latest result was a 7.4 -- but when I'm serious about what I eat, I've had it down to 5 (and plan to get it back there).

JediSkipdogg
I didn't know there was such thing as a home test for A1C. Do tell me more.

Walmart for $20 for a one time use. Here it is on the internet:

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp95089_333181_sespider/choicedm/a1c_home_test.htm

It's a nice item, but I can't see paying $20 for it to use once especially since for me I go to the doctor every 3 months and get it done for free.

sydneya

My last one was 7.2. :dontknow: I'm very impressed with the ones posted on this site. I expect mine to come down a lot this time since I'm getting on track again. If I could just be more consistant. :banghead: That will be my goal--be consistantly good. :angel: I can see where this forum is going to be a wonderful help. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

duck

I test monthly at home with a home test kit, and then I try to make it to my normal doctors every three months as well, though that has been becoming harder and harder for me. Anyway, 6.0 on Thursday night, but I had too many lows this last month, so I am sure the number is skewed.

Dewey
Well I just Did Octobers home A1c and it was 5.5

Jim, That's Awesome! You've been making great strides, it looks like! Major :thumbsup: for you! Excellent job, keep up the great work! :rock:

gettingby
Well I just Did Octobers home A1c and it was 5.5

WOW JIM !!!!!!!! That's SUPER !!!!!!! I wish mine was in the 5's, heck, I will settle for in the 6's. lol (I'm working on that one). I think if my A1C dropped down to what yours is, my CDE would have absolute heart failure !!!

Keep up the good work.

am1977

Great job, Jim! :biggrin:

Wow, everyone with their great A1cs... I'm sure mine will make others with higher ones, not feel as bad. I'm due for it in a few weeks :eek:

EdnBama
Great job, Jim! :biggrin:

Wow, everyone with their great A1cs... I'm sure mine will make others with higher ones, not feel as bad. I'm due for it in a few weeks :eek:

Am, where do your numbers tend to be?

am1977

Honestly, I guess my past A1cs haven't been that bad... Mostly in the 6.0 range (high 6 range)...though I have had two I wasn't too thrilled about 8.1 and 7.5 :thumpdown: This one I am expecting to beat out my worst ones...I can't even guess at what it will be. Hey, can I join that "I hate Diabetes" club someone mentioned. These days I really hate it :argh:

Dobson

Went to the doctor on Monday for my regular three-month checkup, and it was 6.1, my lowest ever. I had been hovering around 6.5 for all of 2005 prior to this. Needless to say, I was pleased.

EdnBama
Went to the doctor on Monday for my regular three-month checkup, and it was 6.1, my lowest ever. I had been hovering around 6.5 for all of 2005 prior to this. Needless to say, I was pleased.

Congrats on setting a personal record! Good job!

rmontane

No, maybe 1 per month. I'm always between 80-97. I just eat very low carbs and take a 30 min walk/job. I was using Humalog/Lantus, but now I'm using avandamet.

I keep a very, very tight control.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.