Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cookie

What was your last HBA1C?

duck
No, maybe 1 per month. I'm always between 80-97. I just eat very low carbs and take a 30 min walk/job. I was using Humalog/Lantus, but now I'm using avandamet.

I keep a very, very tight control.

Wow, great job. That's truly inspiring. My fear is that I could be "comfortably" at 100, and then my blood sugar would drop for whatever reason 10-30 points...then I would be borderline hypo.

At some point I will embrace the low-carb lifestyle, LOL.

amccrazgrl
No, maybe 1 per month. I'm always between 80-97. I just eat very low carbs and take a 30 min walk/job. I was using Humalog/Lantus, but now I'm using avandamet.

I keep a very, very tight control.

Holy sheet thats amazing. I guess I'd be afraid of bottoming out. When you do have a hypo how low is it?

rmontane

My lowest hypo was in March around 60. I been lucky enought that I'm still sensitive when I'm below 85.

We usually have a wrong paradigm about diabetes and medication. I always thought that medication is to control my condition. In reality, medication complements my daily regine. I can always out-eat my medication; that being jabs or pills. I watched what I eat and I dont deny food. I plan for it. If i'm eating something heavy, like pizza or chinese, I eat like during the day and prepare for the feast.

I will see if I can post my numbers for you guys to see

Harold
In reality, medication complements my daily regime.
EXCELLENT POINT :rock: Too many people figure the meds will control it and they can eat how they use to eat.

duck

My at-home A1c last night was 6.6--Which is up from 6.0 about a month ago. So now I see what getting sick does to blood sugar control, eeesh. Actually, this was not a suprise for me. I had a week about three weeks ago where every morning I woke up with my sugars in the stratosphere...this was about the same time I was *just* getting over the cold and recovering. Oh well, time to beat this thing back into submission...Where's that bat?

Middle Aged Man
My at-home A1c last night was 6.6--Which is up from 6.0 about a month ago. So now I see what getting sick does to blood sugar control, eeesh. Actually, this was not a suprise for me. I had a week about three weeks ago where every morning I woke up with my sugars in the stratosphere...this was about the same time I was *just* getting over the cold and recovering. Oh well, time to beat this thing back into submission...Where's that bat?

Hey - you okay? We're almost neighbors. If you need help, ask, okay?

duck
Hey - you okay? We're almost neighbors. If you need help, ask, okay?

Yeah, I'm good, now--THANKS! I haven't had a cold in a lonnnnng time--My chiropractor says it's because I have been a good patient. But this cold was a combination of many factors--sick people in DC, crowded metro trains, people sneezing everywhere, a cube-mate who had an ongoing hacking cough, job stress, yadda yadda yadda...It all wore me down finally.

That's why I got a new job that got me the heck out of DC! LOL. Now to beat those A1c's back into place! :boxing:

gettingby

If anyone can beat that A1C back in place, YOU CAN !!!!!!!!

Let me know if I can help. You've helped me so I want to return the favor if I can.

camjen1
If anyone can beat that A1C back in place, YOU CAN !!!!!!!!

Let me know if I can help. You've helped me so I want to return the favor if I can.

Cin, sounds like you want to be hands on. Could you swing by and pick me up first so we can both be hands on? :laugh:

duck
Cin, sounds like you want to be hands on. Could you swing by and pick me up first so we can both be hands on? :laugh:

I'm starting to get concerned about all this concern for the duck...

:star:

gettingby

Sounds like Sandi just wants me to get her closer to Duck so she can be hands on. LOL

camjen1
Sounds like Sandi just wants me to get her closer to Duck so she can be hands on. LOL

Alls I ask of you is just to keep his wifey busy. :proud:

duck

Let this be a lesson to everyone out there: see what happens when A1c's creep up 10% on you? See the kinda trouble it begats?

LOL

valc3

Just got the results. 6.4!!!!!. Down from 11.6 on diagnosis in April.

Thanks to everyone here on the forum for the advice, support and inspiration. You've definately have helped me cope/deal with this.

EdnBama

Thanks to everyone here on the forum for the advice, support and inspiration. You've definately have helped me cope/deal with this.

Most excellent! Congrats!

Middle Aged Man

Yeeeeee-Hawwwwwwww!!!!!!!

gettingby

WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :five::congrats:

gettingby
Alls I ask of you is just to keep his wifey busy. :proud:

Can't help ya here. Sorry. My next trip anywhere will be to Colorado. Got some people to see and some sushi to try. LOL.

am1977

I posted this under a separate post, but thought I would post it here as well.

My last A1c (from this past Monday) was 6.7. Not as horrible as I had anticipated- but I think only because all those highs were balanced out by lows. In other words, rollercoaster blood sugars as usual :thumpdown

gettingby
I posted this under a separate post, but thought I would post it here as well.

My last A1c (from this past Monday) was 6.7. Not as horrible as I had anticipated- but I think only because all those highs were balanced out by lows. In other words, rollercoaster blood sugars as usual :thumpdown

See, it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. I don't know what you normally run but if I had an A1C of 6.7, I would be jumping for joy. Hang in there !!!

cherokee_psh

OH now you have me worried! My iron is always way too low (been told severely low), am supposed to take supplements but am intermittant at that. My last a1c was 5.5 up about .3 in a year. My 2 hr oral glucouse was 158 nearly 2 years ago. Are you saying these numbers could be higher if my iron count was anywhere close to normal?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.