Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kaysevilla

testimonials of healthy pregnancy with type 2 diabetes

kaysevilla

Are there any women who have had healthy babies while having type 2 diabetes? I have type 2 diabetes and I'm planning on getting pregnant. Any advice?

aiah23
So, are you pregnant now? Did you already have a healthy baby?

Cathy is pregnant with first baby since diabetes; I know she's in her first trimester, early on but couldn't tell you more.

Fawn

huligoo

great thread!

I def wana know more!

I just saw the RE this week.

He wants me to have tighter control on my A1C before clomid cycles...so Im excited to hear what other ladies have to say about

getting pregnant!

CrystalBlue

Hi. I know this is an old thread, but figured others might be looking for the same re-assurance. I've had 2 pregnancies with type 2 and I have 2 beautiful, healthy sons as a result! They were definitely more challenging than a "typical" pregnancy, but the end results were definitely worth it. It is definitely possible, you just need really good care and close monitoring.

jillybean

I'm a little different in that I had weight loss surgery, and my type 2 has been sort of "in remission" since my surgery. I was diagnosed with type 2 when I was 25, had surgery when I was 26, and just had my baby last month at age 29 (my due date was actually my 3-year surgery anniversary!). I did not end up having to take any medications or insulin during my pregnancy, but I did monitor my own glucose levels frequently, and I successfully ate a low-carb diet for my entire first trimester and into my second. I wish I had maintained that low carb diet throughout, but emotions combined with the fall-winter holiday season threw me off track (my husband got laid off just before Thanksgiving while I was pregnant with our first child - gee, nothing stressful about that!).

In any case, I had a very successful vaginal delivery just 3 days before my due date. I gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby boy who was 20 inches long and weighed in at 7 pounds 11 ounces. He will be one month old tomorrow.

snj

u knw hearing such success pregnancy stories is such a relief...i mean whenever i google diabetes and pregnancy...all they have are the risks involved, how one shld b careful, how shld hav been prepared... O-M-G!!! nobody talks abt how beautiful the pregnancy cld b for a diabetic mother too :'( ....i got so stressed last nyte n just broke down to tears...m like i cant do this :-s thankfully hubby was there to take me in his arms n console me. Anyways.....we need some positive attitude and some successful stories over here!!!! All the best ladiess...!! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.