Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aiah23

19 week update

aiah23

So thankfully everything is going well! I met my perinatologist finally today as she took a good luck at the baby's heart. All 4 chambers, normal blood flow, kidneys, bladder, and brain look good. We're having a baby boy :D. So excited, doc was well pleased with my control and the baby is developing exactly on time. So nice to hear that news, especially about the heart and to know we're having a boy:) I'd be happy either way but it's so nice to know. My two best friends are working on one of my baby showers too so that's nice to not have to worry about it. At any rate, just wanted to share:)

Fawn

Jan B

It all sounds wonderful Fawn. It makes me happy to see your positive update -- congratulations regarding your baby boy!!

aiah23
It all sounds wonderful Fawn. It makes me happy to see your positive update -- congratulations regarding your baby boy!!

Thanks I'm so wiped out today but thoroughly happy. I appreciate the congratulatory remarks:)

Fawn

Richard157

That is wonderful Fawn, but now that you are expecting, you should change your name to Doe. You baby will be the new Fawn. :)

ZoraP

What wonderful news. You're nearly at the halfway point, so keep on taking care of yourself and your little guy and he will be here before you know it.

Echolake

Yay Fawn! I'm so happy that everything is going well for you, and of course it's soooo reassuring to hear when other diabetics are having "normal" pregnancies.

Have you started to notice an increase in your insulin requirements yet? I think I want to increase my basal a bit, maybe bring it back to where it was before I got pregnant since we reduced it so much during the first trimester, but just curious whether you've seen any change yet.

aiah23
Yay Fawn! I'm so happy that everything is going well for you, and of course it's soooo reassuring to hear when other diabetics are having "normal" pregnancies.

Have you started to notice an increase in your insulin requirements yet? I think I want to increase my basal a bit, maybe bring it back to where it was before I got pregnant since we reduced it so much during the first trimester, but just curious whether you've seen any change yet.

Yeah, I've noticed that I had to barely increase my am basal (by 1 unit) and I've had to increase my lunch-dinner time boluses a little bit more (only by about a unit but it does make a tremendous difference). So it isn't a really marked increase, but neglecting the increase and I see post prandials and pre-meals in the 130-160 range and I don't like being there. The nice thing is that my lows aren't as low anymore and they aren't as frequent when I do have them. I still drop like a rock overnight but how much I drop seems rather tempermental to circumstances the day prior so shrug. I haven't seen as much of a change as I expected to, or my docs for that matter but I've been told that somewhere around week 26 I'll have another huge surge of hormones that should send my basals up again (had a minor surge right at 18 weeks).

Fawn

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.