Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jrstlw

Newly pregnant and nervous!

Jrstlw

Three months ago I had blood work done and discovered I had high blood sugar levels. My a1c was 9! It scared me and the dr put me on a diet to try to control it before medicine. I lost 40lbs and was scheduled to go back on Monday to redo my blood work and now I just found out I am pregnant. It was unplanned, so now I am panicking that my baby will be in danger. My fasting bs have been around 150 and my 2 hr after meal tests are also around 150

I am about 6 weeks along and I go to see my dr on Monday. Has anyone had experience with high sugar and becoming pregnant? Everything I read is so scary! My daughter is 8 so it's been a long time since I've been pregnant! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cormac_Doyle

fasting of 150 implies that you may be experiencing the dawn phenomenon; 2 hour spikes of 150 is relatively good (but there will probably be suggestions on how to pull it down further coming soon :) )

The changes in your body that occur during pregnancy may cause unpredictable fluctuations. your doctor may suggest certain meds ... but most critically - test more often, and try to monitor exactly what you are eating - your body's response to different foods wmay change markedly at different phases of the pregnancy ...

Barreira

When I accidentally got pregnant (I'm 19 weeks and 5 days now) My A1C was in the 9's. Now down to a 6.7. My fastings were in the high 300's the first 6 weeks I was pregnant. Was admitted to the hospital to fix my sugars. Insulin has become my best friend.

Jenifroufrou

I know this thread was started a while ago...just wondering how things are going with your pregnancy now? I'm 21 weeks along.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.