Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnabon

Dating on the pump?!

Cinnabon

Ok ok.....OK!

I will admit, I have not been on a date to the point I can say.. "date?.. WHats that?" LOL

The thought of having my pump on and think of someone holding me or even dancing real close kinda freaks me out.

Cielo
Ok ok.....OK!

I will admit, I have not been on a date to the point I can say.. "date?.. WHats that?" LOL

The thought of having my pump on and think of someone holding me or even dancing real close kinda freaks me out.

Don't be freaked out. We all know I'm not a diabetic and let's just assume that when Adam and I started dating he was already on the pump. It would not bother me in the slightest. If someone is crazy about you enough to go on a date with you (Adam was my first date!!), trust me, they won't even be phased by your pump. When Adam hugs me or holds me near, I don't even feel his pump. I'll sometimes knock my hand up against it but then I just worry that his pump is ok. That happens very rarely tho. I wouldn't worry about it. I know a big concern when deciding whether or not to get on the pump is that you may feel like people will see you as sickly. That is not the case at all. It's actually a really cool device.

duck
Don't be freaked out. We all know I'm not a diabetic and let's just assume that when Adam and I started dating he was already on the pump. It would not bother me in the slightest. If someone is crazy about you enough to go on a date with you (Adam was my first date!!), trust me, they won't even be phased by your pump. When Adam hugs me or holds me near, I don't even feel his pump. I'll sometimes knock my hand up against it but then I just worry that his pump is ok. That happens very rarely tho. I wouldn't worry about it. I know a big concern when deciding whether or not to get on the pump is that you may feel like people will see you as sickly. That is not the case at all. It's actually a really cool device.

MMmmm-hmmmmm. Yeah. So here's my fear: Out on a date with Little Ms Hottie, things get "cozy", articles of clothing come off and "What the heck? What is this weird, crazy tubing? And what is this thing in your side? FRANKENSTEIN! Freak!"

<<<<<Screams off into the night, half-clothed>>>>>>>

"Auuuuuuuuuuuugh!"

:(

archimeech

Cinn' tell the guy it's his chance for a 3some. Him, you, and a cute little special third someone that makes like sooooo wonderful! :D

don't worry, honey. yet another great gadget you have in your arsenal of things to use in order to test the true manhood of your dates. If they get freaked out by a little thing like that, they're just no good to anybody....

Cielo
MMmmm-hmmmmm. Yeah. So here's my fear: Out on a date with Little Ms Hottie, things get "cozy", articles of clothing come off and "What the heck? What is this weird, crazy tubing? And what is this thing in your side? FRANKENSTEIN! Freak!"

<<<<<Screams off into the night, half-clothed>>>>>>>

"Auuuuuuuuuuuugh!"

:(

Haha! Yea, Adam was a tad uncomfortable with it at first. But it's not a big deal, it's not an issue and it's not even noticed. Just a quick disconnect and he carries on with his business. Like Meech said, if the person gets weirded out, he's got issues. I think the pump is really really cool and it impresses me.

JasonSmithMT

Duck you would miss the chance for a cheesy line like ... "Oh baby your so hot this thing is the only thing that keeps me from melting away."

I'm sure there are a million good lines you could use in that case.

Jason

duck
Haha! Yea, Adam was a tad uncomfortable with it at first. But it's not a big deal, it's not an issue and it's not even noticed. Just a quick disconnect and he carries on with his business. Like Meech said, if the person gets weirded out, he's got issues. I think the pump is really really cool and it impresses me.

(((adam, you are one lucky man)))

My wife and I were together before I went on the pump, so we discussed all the issues, etc., with the pump. Obviously, her and I are very comfortable with it, I've used the same insertion sets from day 1, etc., but even nowadays I feel weird being nekked around her with that insertion set dangling off of me. She says she rarely notices it. I have wondered how weird I would feel if I were "dating around", and how I would broach the topic.

Bah. To each their own. :thrasher:

duck
Duck you would miss the chance for a cheesy line like ... "Oh baby your so hot this thing is the only thing that keeps me from melting away."

I'm sure there are a million good lines you could use in that case.

Jason

Bwuuuhaaaa haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa!

I think I would definitely have to broach the topic before things get too involved--I'd hate for the pump/insertion set to "Kill my buzz..."

Cinnabon

Im still laughing at the screen.... U guys r 2 mUCH!

Yea.. but I do get that feeling of having to impersonate the "BRIDE of Frankenstein" LOL

post-1091-139628767262_thumb.jpg

duck
Im still laughing at the screen.... U guys r 2 mUCH!

Yea.. but I do get that feeling of having to impersonate the "BRIDE of Frankenstein" LOL

That's just about the scene I had in my head...and the scream she makes, yeah. :love:

archimeech

Personally I'm more a fan of Madeline Canne (sp?) and her singing of, "Oh sweet mystery of life at last I found youuuuuuuu!

post-1124-139628767263_thumb.jpg

camjen1

I leave for a minute and I come back to find THIS. :rofl:

Ok, to change topic, does anyone feel like a freaking sideshow with the pump? I've about had it with trying to explain what it is not to mention all the people who wanna see where it is connected. Ok hold on, let me pull my pants down and show you right her in the middle of everyone. Ugh!

duck
there is an easy answer .... date someone who is also on a pump???? LOL,.....

One of the last things that convinced me I needed a pump was I met a couple playing football who were both pumping--Me and her boyfriend would play for about an hour or so with a bunch of mutual friends, then we'd go eat and get beers afterwards. I knew they were both diabetics, but neither mentioned the pump to me. Anyway, I noticed him reach for his pump (Disetronic) and bolus, and I asked him about it--he was shocked I noticed his stealthy moves. :hypocrite Anyway, he said his hunny convinced him, and they were both Disetronic pumpers. :love: I should find him and make them join up here...

But, I guess maybe you're onto something, Paul. Maybe we can start a personals section here, and the pumpers can make postings like:

SWM, pumper, seeks SF, MDI/pump ok, for help creating late-night lows...

duck
I leave for a minute and I come back to find THIS. :rofl:

Ok, to change topic, does anyone feel like a freaking sideshow with the pump? I've about had it with trying to explain what it is not to mention all the people who wanna see where it is connected. Ok hold on, let me pull my pants down and show you right her in the middle of everyone. Ugh!

Okay, we're waiting... :captain:

archimeech

I'm surprized, most people are too dense and unaware of their surroundings to even noticed I have a pump. they usually mistake it for a pager or cell phone. Had one guy I was chatting with at a party and I gave a bolus, then my cell phone rang so I pulled it out of my pocket to answer it. In a half amazed and half disgusted voice he said, "how many phones do you have?" I laughed and then proceeded to make a complete fool of him in front of everyone there.

Hey duck, they could call it PumpPassionPersionals.com with a catch phrase like, "Don't pump alone, let us help you find a partner!" :D

Catie and Emily

I soon maybe dating a hunk of burnin love lol :hypocrite and I havent really told him anything bout it, and such. The times weve been together ive stuck the pump somewhere were nobody couldnt notice it or color cordinated with the pump its self to hide it once again. Ive never really told him anything and yea.

We have so much in common and get along and such that i kno it wont prolly bother him but idk i just cant tell!

ill show ya guy and gals a pic of him when i get it downsized!

Catie

Cinnabon

"Don't pump alone, let us help you find a partner!"

"SWM, pumper, seeks SF, MDI/pump ok, for help creating late-night lows..."

I wanna be a GOLD member when you guys get that started LOL..... :knuddel:

ang

i also was concerned with this before i started pumping. but then i figured that if they can't handle the pump then they can't handle me and aren't worth my time! had a guy kind of blow me off shortly after i started pumping (we had met prior), and not sure if the two are related or not, but better off without him i say. i think its important to let them know. maybe not right away but sooner than later i'd say. i find most people are intrigued with it. you could always say that since you've started pumping you feel so much better and have all this new found energy and are desperately looking for a way to burn some of it off *wink wink*.

duck
I soon maybe dating a hunk of burnin love lol :hypocrite and I havent really told him anything bout it, and such. The times weve been together ive stuck the pump somewhere were nobody couldnt notice it or color cordinated with the pump its self to hide it once again. Ive never really told him anything and yea.

We have so much in common and get along and such that i kno it wont prolly bother him but idk i just cant tell!

ill show ya guy and gals a pic of him when i get it downsized!

Catie

Nowaitaminit--Isn't 16 a bit too young to be worrying about hunks of "burning love"?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.