Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raffi

A better roast beef sandwich

raffi

I was feeling a bit adventurous today in the food department. This is probably at least partially due to talking to a friend who is a French Chef. So instead of my normal sauted veggies and a hunk of meat, I thought I'd try to punch it up a bit.

First off, I made some mayonnaise using palm old and added a bit of Cayenne pepper, white pepper and garlic vinegar to give it a nice flavor. Then I took a bit of my wife's wonderful tender roast beef that she cooked for Sunday lunch and made an omelet. My thinking was to do a roast beef sandwich omelet. It turned out wonderfully.

A two egg omelet with a couple of tblsp of palm oil mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, tender, right of of the oven, roast beef and a bit of Cayenne pepper. Tasted like the best roast beef sandwich I've ever had but without the carbs in the bread.

While I was at it, I decided that the normal sauted veggies needed a change as well. So I sauted them in extra virgin coconut oil (not all that unusual) and added about a tblsp of coco nibs. I never would have thought that garlic, coconut and chocolate would make a good combination, but it was delicious.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.