Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerseymomma

new possible MODY DX for son and maybe daughter

Jerseymomma

My son (6) was having blood work for unrelated symptoms he was having. LSS, blood glucose levels was 125. Since then, fastings have been 118-142. Fasting insulin and c-peptides were low/normal. Antibodies were neg. A1c was 6.3. So, endo said either very early type 1, or MODY. Family history: type 2- me, my mom, her 2 sisters, moms dad, his sister and their kids... Most of these adults were average weight when DX. So who knows.

My doctor agrees that MODY is more likely. GTT in 2 weeks for son.

A few days ago, my daughter (9), started wetting the bed. I checked her fasting- 130. Soooo, now we have to take her for insulin, c-peptide, A1c, etc.

I am not sure yet what diets will be given to my children if MODY is the case. They both have multiple food allergies already. I know there are 6 types of MODY, each with their own treatment plan. But is there a general rule for children with MODY as far as diets. Both kids are 25%ile in height/ weight... Very healthy sizes.

Thanks!

Karen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.