Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AngieInMia

Advice Advice!!! Planning to try again...

AngieInMia

I'm 39, lost my first pregnancy 2 weeks ago. I was shocked I could even get pregnant!

Sadly, I was out of control with my sugar, A1c @ 12.4...was saddened at my loss but not suprised.

The doctors are giving me hope. Of course they want me to bring down my A1C to 6 or under before trying again. And believe you me, I'm working on it, and trying to achieve it quickly since post D&C my chances of getting pregnant are greater.

My Endo wants to keep me on insulin and supplement Metformin for fertility measures. I'm fine with that. I'm also staying on my prenatals and continuing the diet I started once I was told I was pregnant. I'm working on the exercise part (since I was bedridden for nearly 3 weeks).

Has anyone been in my situation and have any advice or reassurance for me???

THANK YOU!!!

jwags

I would follow you doctors advise and get that HbA1c down in the 6% range before getting pregnant. I lost a baby full term many years ago and had 3 successful pregnancies after that the last one being when I was almost 39. What kind of diet do they have you on, now? By eliminating a lot of processed carbs and watching your portions of other natural carbs you can lower bgs, a lot.

AngieInMia

Thanks for your reply.

I am doing 50u of Lantus and 10u of Novolog per 15g of carbs.

Sooo...I'm currently trying to only eat a limited amount of carbs, and most of that being from veggies or whole grains. My breakfast tends to be at less than 15g's of carbs, lunch at less than 30 and dinner less than 45. I have found alot of great alternatives to eating carbs. Portion control is a huge issue. I have to retrain my eating habits because for years I've done the worst thing any diabetic could do...eat one large meal that carries me over through most of the day. So eating 3-5 meals a day has been hard.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.