Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

natmurphy

i guess im gonna be in a clinical trial

natmurphy

My endo asked me yesterday if i wanted to be in this study. i guess the drug is an antibody to attack the Gad antibody and halt the dmg to my pancreas. i am at 5 percent function or so but if the drug works i could regain up to 20 percent function of my pancreas. he said its specifically for newly diagnosed 1.5's and im gonna do it. i won't know if i get a placeabo or not but its worth the 50/50 shot .

he said the pill takes a year being on it and then if it work i just have to take a basal to make up for the difference. one shot a day would be awesome instead of the 4 im doing now.

Gigem99

Do you have a link to this trial? I did a quick google, and couldn't find this particular trial. I'm interested in reading about it.

Thnx,

foxl

I do not know if the trial is ongoing in my area, either, would love to know! But I was dx'd 2 yrs ago, so not sure I could participate ... but thank you for doing so!

I have been in studies before -- it is a very satisfying and fun thing!

Gigem99

There appears to be a trial dealing with GAD here: All Type 1 Diabetes Clinical Trials and Clinical Research : NIDDK

I wonder if this is the one the OP, or if it is the Diamyd trial Linda was talking about here: DiaPrevent diabetes research study

Neither of these sound exactly like what the OP was talking about, so I'm very curious exactly what trial he was talking about.

foxl

Those are BOTH Diamyd trials. But yes ... I could not find one for LADAs in the US. There WAS one in Sweden ... but apparently the results were invalidated!

natmurphy

im not sure yet i just got contacted by st.louis hospital im not sure what the trial is about yet or what it is. i was diagnosed less than 2 months ago and my endo told me the study was for people who were diagnosed less than a year. He says that the drug would only be taken for the first year or so from diagnosis and would reduce the swelling and damage to the pancreas so that i would regain up to 20 percent of function. ill post more when i find out. im really new to this whole thing its not something i thought a bout a whole lot.

natmurphy
There appears to be a trial dealing with GAD here: All Type 1 Diabetes Clinical Trials and Clinical Research : NIDDK

I wonder if this is the one the OP, or if it is the Diamyd trial Linda was talking about here: DiaPrevent diabetes research study

Neither of these sound exactly like what the OP was talking about, so I'm very curious exactly what trial he was talking about.

it seems like that first one

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.