Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SweetasReese's

Always Hungry!!!

SweetasReese's

I'm about 8 weeks prego and have been feeling great! I was worried in the begining since my sugar had been running on the higher side and my A1c was not want I originally have wanted when I got pregnant. My pregnacy was unexpected, my husband and I are making the best of it. I'm very active, exercise regularly, have been eating great and now experiencing the opposite, with dropping blood sugars. Now finally my sugars have been great but I'm always hungry!!! I told me nutritionist told me this is normal but I'm having a difficult time finding food that is healthy that I'm not already getting sick of, doing organic yogurt, fruit, nuts and light sandwhiches. Does anyone have any suggestions of some yummy snacks and/or meals?????

Karissa

Tsukia

Hey SweetasReese's;

I can understand where you are coming from; I had an unplanned pregnancy in 2009. In the first part of my pregnancy my bg levels dropped and in the end they started to move up. I suggest doing more testing and try some high protein foods to help extend how long the sugars are in your system. Light ice cream or frozen yogurt or smoothies would be a good substitute for yogurt. Fruits and nuts are great but there aren't many substitutes I can think of but you can try mixing them up like fruit salad. Vegetables are also a good snack, some personal favs are veggies and light ranch dip; celery with cheese whiz or peanut butter; the odd hamburger wouldn't hurt either it might stay in your system longer but don't go overboard as loosing weight afterward can be a pain.

I enjoy lots of dried fruit but again caution cause they can be a diaretic. Having some extra small snacks before or after your work out might also help.

I will admit my control has not always been the best but during my pregnancy I had my bg the best it has ever been . Keep me posted and good luck :)

SweetasReese's

Thanks Tsukia,

I have been testing about 10-12 times daily and very happy with my numbers lately. Thanks for all the suggestions, the one good thing is that I do crave veggies and keeping it low fat for now. But will definatley try to mix some more protein:) That has been challenging to me since I work odd hours and always on the go! So finding filling, healthy and easy things hasn't always been easy. Thanks for all your suggestions and I will keep you posted!

Thanks Again!

Karissa

aiah23
Thanks Tsukia' date='

I have been testing about 10-12 times daily and very happy with my numbers lately. Thanks for all the suggestions, the one good thing is that I do crave veggies and keeping it low fat for now. But will definatley try to mix some more protein:) That has been challenging to me since I work odd hours and always on the go! So finding filling, healthy and easy things hasn't always been easy. Thanks for all your suggestions and I will keep you posted!

Thanks Again!

Karissa[/quote']

I understand and I've been there. Some days now I'm insanely hungry too! I found the following to be good snacks to change it up: hard-boiled eggs, a slice or 2 of good cheese (I prefer aged cheddar and it's much safer than say brie or feta which are big no-no's during pregnancy) and my daily mid-morning snack is half a sliced cucumber with plain hummus. I find these to be very blood sugar friendly snacks that keep me satiated a little longer. I wouldn't encourage the low-fat bit for now. The baby needs more fats than you as part of its developmental system so I'd encourage you to enjoy the occasional full fat ice cream, a good steak or hamburger, and don't skimp on full fat cheese either. You need a variety of fats for your baby and they're blood sugar friendly.

Fawn

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.