Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrnEyes84

Anyone in Colorado?

GrnEyes84

Is there anyone living in Colorado that would like to get together or something of that sort. Just looking for some other people who understand how hard this disease is.

k_dub

Hi there. I'm just a little bit north in WY and I'm down in Fort Collins and Denver frequently. I think there are a few others in CO on here...

Gigem99

I'm in Englewood - I've really been wanting to get a pumpers' support group started here - I don't know whether you have a pump, but just a T1 support group would be good.

GrnEyes84

I didnt really have anything in mind right now, but I think it would be great for us to plan something. Does anyone else have any ideas? I am pretty open to anything, we can meet up and go to lunch, we could go spend a day at an amusement park, whatever. Let me know what you think and we will get it set up for sometime in the near future.

Whack-a-mmol/L

Hi Colorado folk

I'd be up for a get together, maybe an all you can eat pancake breakfast, mmmm well maybe not. :D

I'm a type two but I think this condition is more about attitude and support than categories.

I'm in downtown Denver. Plenty of coffee shops to meet at or my office has a small conference area. PM me if this goes any further.

Chaseg08

Howdy, I saw from a previous post of yours that you have had T1D for almost 21 years. I live in Lakewood and would love to meet up and ask you a bunch of stupid questions. I'm pretty new to this (last November) and I'm still a novice when it comes to control. I think it's pretty feasable for most of us to meet for coffee/tea in the near future.

GrnEyes84

That would be cool... I am more then happy to ask any questions that you have. I am pretty knowledgeable about diabetes now that I have had it for so long.

Chaseg08

I'll be at the Meadowlark tonight with some friends. We go there almost every Monday night after our band practice to watch the best Jazz Musicians in Denver. It's on 27th and Larimer and we are usually there around 9. I know it's late but I figured I'd throw it out there. It's a fun place and a pretty relaxed atmosphere. Never too crowded.

GrnEyes84

I would do that but I dont have a vehicle and no way to get down there, and I have a doc appt tomorrow also. We will figure something out though!

Whack-a-mmol/L

Chase,

I'm fighting a cold or I'd be there in a minute. (ironically picked up the cold walking to the Jazz Standard in nyc this weekend) I don't know when I'll be in town again but I'd love a raincheck.

Chaseg08

That's no good. I have a cold too but I figure if I have to be at work I'm aloud to play afterwards. Do you play an instrument? Ever been to the Meadowlark?

Whack-a-mmol/L

I haven't been to the Meadowlark. Not sure how I missed it. I don't play but love to listen, both live and at home. Looking forward to checking it out. By the website it looks like a great hangout, and inside my walking radius to boot! This cold sucks. I need to break it before I get back on the road Wednesday.

Gigem99

I used to play in a bunch of bars around town. This was 30-40 years ago, and all the bars are closed now. Some of the guys I used to play with are still playing. But I'm an old fart, and I just can't sit up late. I've never even heard of Meadowlark.

One of our old drummers is now playing bass for a good jazz-type band called Eohippus. They do all original stuff, but it's really good, and those guys can play!

Wish I could meet you down there, but we'll all have to get together sometime. Maybe down at the Spaghetti Factory?!? :T

Subby
Hidden

Random bit of info this thread title keeps reminding me of: the recently defeated NSW (state of Australia) premier, was a self proclaimed "gal from Ohio".

Sorry, now I've got that off my chest, please return to your regular scheduling.

Gigem99

I was a bass player - country-rock type stuff. The highlite of my career was going to a world-class studio near Nederland called Caribou and spending a week recording an album. Waaayy too much fun!

The ranch is still there - it's a large working cattle ranch, but the studio burned down several years ago. When we were there, there was a guy I'd never heard of named Eddie Rabbit. He recorded after we did, and of course we all heard of him after his session - he had a big hit called 'Love the Rainy Nite' from that session.

Chaseg08

Love that song. I've always said that if I could go back and start over I'd pick up bass as my primary instrument. They're a rare breed and it's hard to find good ones. If you still listen to that kind of music I suggest checking out Old Crow Medicine Show. They are one of my favorite groups. Saw them at the Ford Amphetheatre in L.A. and they were amazing. Guys my age with a real "old timey" sound. Bob Dylan heard them play and gave them the song Wagon Wheel. To me, they are a breathe of fresh air for country/rock.

Gigem99
Mmmmm, Spaghetti Factory. ....

I was just about semi-joking about the Spaghetti Factory, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. I've not been there in years - I'd like to see how it works with my pump. If there are those that are low-carbing things and would rather meet someplace else, I can certainly understand.

How about this Saturday? 4/2? Any other ideas? When I was in Mass., I'd get together with a bunch of pumpers every couple of weeks, and we'd have a great time. I'd like to establish a group here - I know one other guy who I get together with a lot.

Let me know - send me a PM if you want to exchange phone #'s.

Chaseg08

My wife and daughters are going to Disney on ice...... I'm going to the auto show with my brother-in-law and father-in-law. I imagine we'll be there all day. What time did you have in mind for Spaghetti Factory?

Gigem99
.... I imagine we'll be there all day. What time did you have in mind for Spaghetti Factory?

Early evening - 6:30-7:30ish. How about anyone else? GrnEyes84?

Tom

mell1682
Hidden

I would love to get together, if non-pumpers are allowed! :) I can get to the Spaghetti Factory very easily and I've never been :D

mell1682
Early evening - 6:30-7:30ish. How about anyone else? GrnEyes84?

Tom

I would love to get together, if non-pumpers are allowed! :) I can get to the Spaghetti Factory very easily and I've never been :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.