Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrnEyes84

Anyone in Colorado?

GrnEyes84

I would love to but no money and no way to get there. I am not working right now, I am trying to find work but it has been tough. It will be a while before I can actually go out and afford to do anything.

Gigem99
I would love to get together, if non-pumpers are allowed!

It's possible I'll be the only pumper - I'm going to try to call my buddy Justin out in Aurora and see if he can make it.

Maybe if enough of us can make the commitment for this, we can all chip in for GrnEyes, since she's the one who originally suggested it! It's really not expensive, but be sure to bring plenty of insulin - it is extremely carb-heavy.

BTW ... it dawned on me after I suggested this that there is a Rockies game that evening, so parking will be problematic at best. I'm planning on riding lite-rail from Englewood. If anyone is driving, it may be wisest to catch the lite-rail at Broadway&I-25 - it's a short walk from either Union Station or the next stop (18th&Stout?).

mell1682
I would love to but no money and no way to get there. I am not working right now, I am trying to find work but it has been tough. It will be a while before I can actually go out and afford to do anything.

Depending on where you are, my hubby and I can pick you up and I'd be more than happy to pay your way as I have been in your shoes before and one of lovely DF members paid my way for our meet 'n' greet. You can PM me if this will work for you.

GrnEyes84

Tom,

We are for Saturday if you still wanna do the whole spaghetti factory thing?? Anyone else who wants to come is more then welcome to. Everyone just let each other know who is gonna be able to make it and who isnt. It would be great if we could all make it this Saturday. It would be good to converse and talk about our experiences and everything. I hope everyone can make it and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Chase,

You should really try to make it since you have a lot of questions and stuff. I understand if you cant but it would be great if you could and I am sure you will get a lot of useful info from all of us who have dealt with this for a long time.

Gigem99
Tom,

We are for Saturday if you still wanna do the whole spaghetti factory thing??

As my daughter would have said 15 years ago when she was in high school - 'Cool Beans'! I'm looking forward to it. I always enjoy getting together with other diabetical people. I'm not sure how you all want to meet up and when. I'll be in the bar at 6:30 with a bright red cowboy shirt - I'm not a big guy - I should be fairly easy to find.

Chaseg08

Chase,

You should really try to make it since you have a lot of questions and stuff. I understand if you cant but it would be great if you could and I am sure you will get a lot of useful info from all of us who have dealt with this for a long time.

I'll try to make it. Spaghetti Factory isn't far from the convention center. Hope to see you all there.

GrnEyes84

Im not gonna be able to make it tomorrow night. I have been having some issues at home and I need to deal with them. I hope all of you have a good time and maybe we can set something up for another time where I will be able to go. Sorry about this, hope to meet and see you guys one pf these days.

Gigem99
Im not gonna be able to make it tomorrow night. I have been having some issues at home and I need to deal with them. ...

Holly,

I know you've been stressed, but I hope you reconsider. Take a few hours and just get away - I know you feel like you need to deal with things immediately, but I honestly think stepping away for a little bit may be therapeutic. I mean, gosh, Mell's offered you dinner, and I'll certainly chip in a glass of wine or two.

Think about it a little more - it was your idea to begin with - I know I'd sure like to meet you!

GrnEyes84

Okay I will think about it and let you know early tomorrow... but I will probably go, I need to get out of the house. Theres just a lot going on, stress about finding work, fighting w/ my boyfriend who is halfway around the world and extremely depressed. But I will think about it.

Gigem99

Attaboy, girl ---- c'mon and let's have a nice dinner! Getting away for just a few hours can do wonders for you! Hope to see you manana.

smallone
Hidden
Okay I will think about it and let you know early tomorrow... but I will probably go, I need to get out of the house. Theres just a lot going on, stress about finding work, fighting w/ my boyfriend who is halfway around the world and extremely depressed. But I will think about it.

Oh I very much hope you do join us, GrnEyes!! I know this meetup wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for you!!! And if you don't come, I'll be the only girl! :D Please call me/PM me either way!!! (((hugs)))

mell1682

Oh pleassssse come join us!!!! I think getting out of the house and meeting people you have something in common with will help :) And if you don't come, I might be the only girl :laugh:

GrnEyes84

I am definitely going, after the day I have had today I need to get out. Me and the boyfriend broke up and are completely done and over with now, and I am quite upset about it, so I need a good night out and need to meet some new people. What time are we planning on going? You can give me a call mell and let me know what time you are gonna come by and get me, this will be really good for me I think!

Gigem99

Well, gosh, I had a real nice spaghetti dinner. What the heck happened to y'all?!? I guess I should have given you all my phone #. Bummer.

mell1682
Well, gosh, I had a real nice spaghetti dinner. What the heck happened to y'all?!? I guess I should have given you all my phone #. Bummer.

:( We did too!! We were a bit late arriving there but Holly and I did show up :laugh: I think exchanging numbers is definitely a good idea :) Sorry we missed you!!!

Chaseg08

Sorry I missed it. I went to the Denver Auto Show and then a bunch of biker friends of mine asked me to go on a ride. Stopped to see the car show in golden a little after noon and ate something horrible. I was sick until yesterday!

lrhughes

Hi Chase!

I live in Parker and have had Type I since 1968..... It's an interesting disease and it takes quite of bit of peristance; but, if you stay on top of it you can do anything and possibly never have complications. I don't use a pump by choice since I almost died from a defective pump in the 1980's...... I do quite well on multiple injections and lots of exercise, exercise and exercise.

Larry

cmendrop

Im a a type 1 from Glenwood Springs, CO and work at a ski resort. If you make it out this way would love to take you skiing.

jenb

I'm not from Colorado but am tired of seeing the preceding poster's name as the last respondent to this otherwise innocuous thread. Ugh.

Jen

Gigem99

OK, I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd update it for anyone in Colorado interested. The Denver chapter of the ADA has a (usually) monthly meeting for adults with type 1 (A1c) at their office in Denver off 26th avenue.

This month, the meeting will be Tuesday, 7/23 from 6pm-7pm, and I'm gonna try real hard to make it - I haven't gone in several months. Additionally, they are hosting a hike at White Ranch Park near Golden on Saturday 7/20. I'd love to do that, but unfortunately I have to work Friday nite/Saturday morning, so I'll be sleeping when they're doing that. After the hike, they'll meet in Golden at Woody's Pizza on main street.

If any of you Coloradans are interested, send me a PM, and I'll give you Emily's email (she's the ADA rep who organizes these things). Also, I'm planning on going to the Rockies game on Sunday afternoon if anybody's interested in meeting up in LoDo.

Holly, I'm still bummed I didn't get hooked up with you at the Spaghetti Factory a couple of years ago .... and BTW, Congratulations!!

GrnEyes84

I would love to go to one of those meetings but unfortunately I work during the week and that's probably the only time they have them. All of the Colorado people definitely need to get together and do something. Whether it be a bbq or a Rockies game or something along those lines. I think meeting once a month or something would be good and a good support system as well. I just think its easier talking with people who are dealing with the same thing as you, as opposed to talking to someone who has bother idea about diabetes or how you feel!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Diabetes forums

Gigem99

Yeah, the ADA meetings are usually on Tuesday evenings. I have a goofy work schedule and have every Sun-Tue off, so it works for me.

Well, heck, you & fiance meet me in LoDo early Sunday afternoon...Rockies are playing the Cubs. I don't have a ticket, I'm just gonna score one off the street. Anybody else interested? I haven't seen Chase on this site in a while...he's a good guy - met him at a BBQ on Lookout Mountain a couple of summers ago.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.