Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrsMia

Low carbing - makes me wonder

samorgan
Hidden

That is a very good question! Nancy?

I thought that low carbing could safely be discussed in the low carb forum. That is why I put it here. Is that not allowed here?

DeusXM

You asked the question 'why is it people are against low-carbing?' I (as someone who doesn't low-carb), explained several particular reasons why low-carbing isn't everyone's choice and then ended with a caveat that it's up to individuals to find what works for them. I gave you my reasons without making a judgement on your choices - why on earth did you decide to make a judgement about mine?

It does rather beg the question why on earth you asked this question in the first place. Was it to find out the perfectly rational basis on which people make different choices to yourself, or was it to simply create an opportunity to lecture those of us who do things differently on how we're doing it wrong?

notme

It is totally allowed. However just turning the low carb forum into a debate forum isn't allowed. This post was just a debate question and not a post discussing a low carb lifestyle.

MrsMia
You asked the question 'why is it people are against low-carbing?' I (as someone who doesn't low-carb), explained several particular reasons why low-carbing isn't everyone's choice and then ended with a caveat that it's up to individuals to find what works for them. I gave you my reasons without making a judgement on your choices - why on earth did you decide to make a judgement about mine?

It does rather beg the question why on earth you asked this question in the first place. Was it to find out the perfectly rational basis on which people make different choices to yourself, or was it to simply create an opportunity to lecture those of us who do things differently on how we're doing it wrong?

What are you talking about? When did I make a judgement about your choices? As for why I asked the questions in the first place I had "thought" that by being in the low carb forum that I was discussing my thoughts and questions with like minded people. So perhaps the question really is, why did you enter into the conversation if you aren't low carbing?

MrsMia
It is totally allowed. However just turning the low carb forum into a debate forum isn't allowed. This post was just a debate question and not a post discussing a low carb lifestyle.

I disagree. I know what my intentions were with my post. I'm sorry that others found the need to react. I guess I will just go back to lurking.

notme

If you have been reading the past few days, you will see we have had several threads closed because of this very subject. It has been discussed and then argued about then threads closed and edited because of it. I am asking for some sensitivity here about subjects that have been argued about the past few days. Diabetes Forums is neither a low carb forum nor a debate forum. This thread was started with a question and then answered with "why not low carb". Just the type of question to bring back the subject to other closed threads.