Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

samorgan

Critique of the Latest "Food Pyramid" (of 2010)

samorgan

The government wouldn't issue recommendations unless they were firmly based on the latest science, right?

A little bit of a heavy read, but here is an excellent critique at the gov's latest attempt (2010) at "improving" their dietary advice:

Food Pyramid Review

Gladtobehere

I am currently reading a book called "IN DEFENSE OF FOOD" by Michael Pollan, which I believe is saying much the same thing as the critique. In Defense of Food | Michael Pollan

I have been tending in this direction with my food for a long time. "EAT FOOD. NOT TOO MUCH. MOSTLY PLANTS."

NickP
The government wouldn't issue recommendations unless they were firmly based on the latest science, right?

A little bit of a heavy read, but here is an excellent critique at the gov's latest attempt (2010) at "improving" their dietary advice:

Food Pyramid Review

I love the passion and enthusiasm from Denise Minger. Plus, she was able to write a blistering counterpunch to the China Study, which all the vegitarians love to quote. (just my humble opinion...FWIW).

samorgan

Interesting. It starts out be declaring unequivocally that hardening of the arteries is caused by a high-fat diet (doubtful). Then, goes on to say that most of these mummified people had it AND that they ate a low-fat diet consisting of much FRUIT (fructose), vegetables and "lean meat". I guess 1 + 1 = 2 would just be too hard for these folks!

I saw this article from the Los Angeles Times on the Fathead blog. It talks about the "high status" Egyptian mummies and their diet. Incredibly, the USDA food pyramid pretty much tells us to eat like those mummies. Eat like a king!

Mummies: CT scans of Egyptian mummies show atherosclerosis - Los Angeles Times

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.