Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Todd G.

Two thoughts

Todd G.

As a chef, I really watch what people eat with genuine interest. I eat at a cafeteria several times a week, and while waiting in line I look a at the body types. Most are pretty round, as is the case with most Americans. But then I look at what the cafeteria is serving and even in their salad section, most of the foods have carbs, either intrinsically or added. Then into their entree section, a recent night had 12 of their 16 entrees being pasta, breaded and fried, or rice based. Then 15 of their 18 vegetables were starchy. 6 kinds of potatoes, plus rice, creamed corn, rice added veggie bakes, and more pasta. Really? 6 kinds of potatoes? And since when was pasta a vegetable? Only green beans, broccoli, and turnip greens passed the LC test. Interesting. Of course their dessert section and breads are off limits, but I do occasionally have some sugar free pie. The crust has a few carbs, but overall it's not bad, but I do suspect that it's not as sugar free as they would lead you to believe. I have a meter you know. :)

Also, the blurb under the "Low Carb Lifestyle" heading has the word "vegetable" misspelled. FYI. :) The last word, yeah, that one right there>>>>>>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.