Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sumi

Altering Victoza dose

sumi

This is the first time I have injected, I consider myself "pen illiterate". When starting Victoza, the method is to start with a .6 ml dosage once a day for one week, then move up to 1.2 ml. Some people then move on to 1.8 ml. By the way, Victoza is expensive,at about $5 for a 1.2 ml dose. After 20 days, I still find that 1.2 ml makes me too nauseated, and that I am fairly happy with my bg reading and the appetite suppression of less. So I have been taking .6ml one day and 1.2

about every third day . The instructions in the pen pack state that you must not try to take other dosage amounts, and only .6, 1.2, and 1.8 are marked on the dial. Because I am such a rebel ;), I would like to try .9ml. I have noticed that the pen clicks when moving the dosage reading, ten clicks between .6 and 1.2. So, with my incredible math skills, I have decided to try .6 plus five clicks. Can anyone tell me if there is a reason for not doing this?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.