Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mortis505

New lab tests

mortis505

Well I decided to get into the endo dept at the VA. He wanted some baselines(namely a C-peptide) so I asked if he would authorize a GAD test. First time a VA doc has said yes.

C-peptide came back as low but GAD was "very high". He wanted to test Cortisole and I wanted THS, TS3/TS4. He tested it all. :top:

He now thinks that I may also have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.

I start taking a new pill next week.

Isn't there a rule, 3 autoimmune diseases and you get a set of steak knives.:laugh::vroam:

Adjitater

I don't know but if thats true I should have a full set of cutlery coming my way as I have 4 diagnosed autoimune diseases. they are type 1 diabetes, hoshimotos syndrom. primary addisons disease, vitaligo.

Daytona

I've always subscribed to the car "lemon law" rule. 3 chronic illnesses and you get to trade in your body for a new one! :D

I'm glad you got a diagnosis! My husband has hypothyroidism and while getting diagnosed was a blow, after a year on meds he is feeling like a normal person for the first time in years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.