Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foxl

LADAs: what was your most recent A1c?

How high was your last A1c:  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How high was your last A1c:

• > 8.0
    • 7 - 8
    • 6 - 7
    • < 6.0
    • not telling!!!

foxl

I am asking because I have run across a bunch of LADAs who are not controlling as well as I expect to ...

k_dub

I'm technically a LADA. And I haven't had an A1C above 6.9 since diagnosis. Last A1C was 6.2 and I'm hoping my next will be my first under 6.0. I usually hover around 6.1-6.3. I honestly don't believe our control (after honeymoon period) is any different than another Type 1. And beyond that, it seems like everyone is different! It's something I have to work at and be mindful of 24/7 for sure!

dbc

Last was 6.1%. Never been above 6.5% since diagnosis (5 years now, I think....). I work pretty hard at it (some would probably say "obsess"....) But I'm finding stable control more & more difficult lately, which I correlate with relaxing the low-carb eating plan......

rwallen

What is the definition of the "honeymoon period"? I see it used quite a bit around the forums.

Thanks!

foxl
What is the definition of the "honeymoon period"? I see it used quite a bit around the forums.

Thanks!

honeymoon period is when you are making a good amount insulin on your own, still -- the period before insulin dependence.

Cyborg

Ever since I've been on the pump and CGMS, my a1c has averaged 5.4-5.6. When I lost my CGMS transmitter and was without my CGMS for a few months my a1c went up to 6.3...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.