Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TinaAPop

Sugar Free Ring Pop & Other Treats

TinaAPop

Hi! I’m new to Diabetes Forums and wanted to share info about new Sugar Free Ring Pop. I messaged the administrator but I wasn’t able to get a response -- I hope it’s ok that I’m posting this, let me know!

As I mentioned, I’m working on behalf of Ring Pop, and I wanted to get your opinions on their new Sugar Free Ring Pops, along with other sugar free treats you give to your kids. The benefits are that Sugar Free Ring Pops won’t cause cavities, have no fat, and have only 30 calories per pop – meaning they are a tooth-friendly treat for kids.

I have a few questions, and would love to hear your thoughts. First off, when do you give your kids candy (as a reward, car trip, whenever, etc)?

Also, are you more likely to give your children sugar free snacks, and why?

Thanks for your feedback! :)

Tina Shimizu

Community Ambassador

American Pop

Social Media Marketing

main: 818 840 1034

web: americanpopdigital.com

twitter: @americanPOP

PlantCityRose

A better treat would be CARB free. Never gave my kids fake anything. Their favorite treats, after fruit & raw vegetables, was homemade jerky.

pat1203

My deal with my kids was that they could, after lunch on Sat,. eat all the candy they wanted but I observed their brushing on Sat. night and if they cheated and ate candy between times didn't get any of that joy. They got to go to the store with me and pick out their candy for Sat. and put any they got during the week into the candy bowl too. Neither their father nor I have good teeth, nor g'parents, but they both do now, and got $1000 at graduation for a prize. At the time it was a bundle of money and worked just fine. Any guest's had the same Sat. 'present' and gosh were they popular!

poodlebone

I don't have children but I have Type 1 diabetes myself. All sugar free candies are made with sugar alcohols. Sugar alcohols can cause gas, diarrhea & upset stomachs. SOme people are more sensitive than others and some have different reactions to different sugar alcohols. For example, I try to avoid sorbitol at all costs. Even small amounts give me problems. A Ring Pop is a pretty big hunk of candy and I'd be wary about giving one to a small child.

I think most parents let their children have the real thing in moderation, and include the carbs in their child's meal/snack counts, giving insulin as needed.

Gladtobehere

I think that candy like Ring Pops are absolutely disgusting. The kids look like suckling pigs with these things in their mouth. They look like baby teething devices.

Most sugar free treats should be banned. Do we not eat too much already????????????

Treats should be as natural as possible. If that means sugar then so be it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.