Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moonpie

feeling sorry for myslef.

Moonpie

last night, after a dinner of grilled fish, home made coleslaw & 1/4 of a baked swet potato ( with butter) & some black tea, my 2 hr was 104. I was happy wiht that. Then this morning, my FBG was up to 125 :eek:Boo hoo, so I ate home made egg salad on iceberg lettuce leaves, one coffee & 2 strawberries. 2hr pp was 139 which surprised me, as it normally goes down after a simple breakfast. Guess I'll have to limit the strawberries in the mornings. down to 130 now, after a simple fish & salad lunch, now I must go for a walk. I am so fed up, thought eggs & lettuce for breakfast, wiht 2 tiny berries!!! was a treat!!! Rant over :)

Daytona

*HUG* I hate it when my body rejects my best efforts. Strawberries just don't work for me. Though maybe the sweet potato was partly responsible for the higher morning #'s and guaranteed that things would not go your way for the rest of the day? I'd try them again with normal #'s and see if that makes a difference.

Moonpie

oh I had strawberries before & no problem, but of course, that was later in the day. The sweet potato amount was so tiny, I was happy with my 2 hr, but maybe it did have a knock on effect. I hate it

MCS

I finally had to give into my body in the morning. It wants some glucose to get things going, so I give it some. 4g of sugar, heavy cream, coconut oil, and 4 packs of art sweetener in my coffee. My body can not distinguish between the sugar and art sweetener when I combine them together so I get a strong GLP-1 release that sends a signal to release insulin and stop leaking glucose. Its worked so far for me for 6-9 mnths now. I will get a sudden rise with in 15 minutes, then things will start to fall even after I eat breakfast. I seldom go over 100 with a 3 egg/hashbrowns/meat breakfast followed by a 1-2 mile walk.

WantHealth

(((HUGS))) to you Moonpie.

D can really suck. but don't let yourself get *too* down over it. You can figure out your best diet and make it work for you.

For what it's worth (and I know this might not be worth anything due to "YMMV") but I have found the fruits that work best for me are apples and blueberries. Find yourself the very best organic apples and blueberries money can buy (if you like them). Honeycrisp apples are wonderful. I have found that I need a sweet taste in the morning. The rest of the day not-so-much but for breakfast I need a little sweet. So lately I eat an apple with some nuts or maybe some 2% or full fat greek yogurt (plain, not sweetened). I also have some Atkins Advantage shakes in case I'm in a rush and these are really sweet and do nothing bad to my bg levels.

Best to you! :)

jwags

I agree D sucks sometimes. I normally have pretty good fastings the past 2 days were 112 and 102 for no reason. I doubt it was the 2 strawberries. You could be coming down with something or the aliens decided to make another visit.

GrammaBear

Darn those aliens anyway. Moonpie, I was once told by my CDE that "in the absence of carbohydrates, the body will use protein and turn it into glucose. It might not be anything you ate that made your blood glucose go a bit higher than you wanted. Perhaps it was just your body asking for a little bit of carbs in the a.m............or like jwags said "it is those darned aliens making another visit".

shyam

Rant over, grind begins. What else is there to do ? You are doing quite well with your A1c, without medication at that. Keep it up. Get back to work. Good Luck.

Moonpie

thank you. I did buy some blue berries, I love them. I think now, it is a supplement of cherry extract I am taking, may be the culprit. They seem to be helping with my arthritis. so I guess a small bg raise is a reasonable trade off, I don't want to take any rx pills for it, if I don't have to, or any otc pain killer either.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.