Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daytona

Foods easy on the digestion

Daytona

Foods EASY on the digestion (I can't seem to edit the post title)

Ugh, I've been in constant serious pain for 3 days since my endometriosis is coming out of remission... It really hard to find low-carb comfort food that is easily digestible when my intestinal tumors are acting up.

In the old days when it got like this, I would eat chicken broth, toast and tea for weeks until I could handle real food again. That isn't really an option anymore however since my BG is already going up due to the stress/pain... I'm tempted to just fast entirely but that's not really a sustainable alternative. :D

I would really appreciate some food suggestions!

Moonpie

maybe some soft scrambled eggs? with cheese? These work for me, but we are all so different. Hope you feel better soon.

princesslinda

If chicken broth, toast (try some of the low carb ones) and tea make things easier for you to bear, then i'd just eat them until the worst of your endometriosis flare has abated. Once your pain is better, your blood sugars should improve. I'd treat this just as I would a cold, eat whatever makes you feel better, then when you start feeling better, resume your usual regimen.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Mussakka

What about egg drop soup? Some versions are laced with cornstarch, but it's definitely on my comfort food list.

Plain yogurt with added sweetener and berries would be a good option too.

Daytona

Thanks for the suggestions! Since I can go months like this, toast alternatives are definitely welcome. :) I hadn't thought of egg drop soup or sweetened yogurt but I think that may fit the bill. I love freezing yogurt and pretending it's ice cream.

I just saw my endo yesterday, got my Lupron shot and the pain has gone away again. It's the last shot I'm allowed ... for life so here's hoping that it lasts for a long time! :D

Thanks all and happy Friday!

Moonpie

oh I hope the shot lasts you for as long as you need it.

I miss toast too, but I do toast some of the almond bread I make, it's pretty good. The recipe is in the recipe forum. I normally (substitute) add in a half cup of either bran or flax, it makes it more bready ( to me) Good luck & stay away pain :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.