Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PINK

Phase 2 Carb Control pills lowers blood sugars + weight loss?

PINK

Weight Loss Weapon -- Carb-cutting Enzyme Stopped By Bean Extract, Endocrinologists Say

The article is from a Scientific study out of UCLA in 2007

Have any of you tried Phase 2 carb control pills?

Did they work? If so, how well?

This may have been covered here and I just missed that boat.

I've never heard of it and it made me wonder if something similar is used on Dreamfield's Pasta. Just a thought.

Care to enlighten me?

Thanks,

Pink

samorgan

I think they unknowingly proved that absolutely. Isn't eating something but preventing its digestion the same as not eating it (just a little stupider IMO)? And amazingly, they said this:

Patients in the clinical studies who took Phase 2 lost body fat, not lean muscle.

Geniuses! Yes, that is exactly what reducing carbs in your diet does. Oops.

Don't you think we would all be better off just eating LOW carb?

PINK
I have never heard of specific pills but I do find I do better when eating foods with a lot of fiber in it.

In the link they say "UCLA researchers have found an extract in white kidney beans may help the body stop carbs from breaking down into sugars."

Then it describes how they do it.

So, it's not just fiber. It is something specific to the beans.

PINK

PCR; You wrote "Don't you think we would all be better off just eating LOW carb"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I say sure would be wonderful If just low carbing worked for me. At 35 carbs a day I was still spiking to 200.

I would also like to eat more normally sometimes without depending on a bolus insulin.

I do not want to eat this few carbs a day for the rest of my life.

This extract was found by UCLA to work to prevent carbs form affect the system the same way and this product mentioned looks like it might be a natural type helper

to prevent carbs form affecting us quite so badly.

For Diabetics that could be a great thing used in moderation.

I will always have to do low carb, exercise as much as I can and it would be nice to have something natural, inexpensive and non-harmful to help

me enjoy life more as a Diabetic. So I was wondering if this product worked for anyone.

Pink

PINK

Sam; I asked if this product worked for anyone.

I did not say it was a replacement for a Low carb lifestyle.

They do not say it replaces a low carb lifestyle.

UCLA researchers found this ingredient in white beans to change the way a carb is broken down.

That is an amazing find if it is true and some of the people who discovered it may in fact be at genius IQ level.

Hopefully someone might come along and post who has tried this product and can tell me if it worked at all for them.

I could eat low carb forever and it will not bring my blood sugar down to 'normal'. It helps, sure, and that's why I will be doing a low carb lifestyle forever.

Pink

samorgan

Sorry, Pink, I didn't mean to offend. I just find the whole concept of searching for magic pills where people can continue eating what they shouldn't but just be blocked from actually digesting it to be incredibly misguided - and clearly guided by profit motive, not health. I have been trying for years to convince my wife to stop using Alli and similar products based on the same philosophy: fat is bad (not true anyway), you love fat, we'll give you this chemical so you can just eat fat and it will "slide" right through. Warning: possible side affect: anal leakage!

I'm sorry, that's just about the stupidest approach to health I can imagine and the case at hand is way too similar.

modcarb
Sam; I asked if this product worked for anyone.

I did not say it was a replacement for a Low carb lifestyle.

They do not say it replaces a low carb lifestyle.

UCLA researchers found this ingredient in white beans to change the way a carb is broken down.

That is an amazing find if it is true and some of the people who discovered it may in fact be at genius IQ level.

Hopefully someone might come along and post who has tried this product and can tell me if it worked at all for them.

I could eat low carb forever and it will not bring my blood sugar down to 'normal'. It helps, sure, and that's why I will be doing a low carb lifestyle forever.

Pink

Pink,

I would say if you want to experiment and see how it does, then go for it.

PINK
Sorry, Pink, I didn't mean to offend. I just find the whole concept of searching for magic pills where people can continue eating what they shouldn't but just be blocked from actually digesting it to be incredibly misguided - and clearly guided by profit motive, not health. I have been trying for years to convince my wife to stop using Alli and similar products based on the same philosophy: fat is bad (not true anyway), you love fat, we'll give you this chemical so you can just eat fat and it will "slide" right through. Warning: possible side affect: anal leakage!

I'm sorry, that's just about the stupidest approach to health I can imagine and the case at hand is way too similar.

I see it more like: Every little bit helps. I am also curious and there is a lot I have missed over the years. I love to learn and to be up to speed as well.

I also agree in terms of greed over health in America and it is truly sad.

Just trying to see if it worked for anyone.

I am not going to jump in and try it as I am focused on my own health, adjusting to insulin and on getting my numbers down before I add any outside influences.

Pink

art

OK

Who is going to buy it and try it?

Massive testing will be in order.

Comparative analysis will be required.

Reports to us on a daily basis.

Even if it doesn't work that person will have out gratitude.

Art

MCS

Sounds really interesting. I haven't tried this, but I am going to look further into it for sure.

My thoughts: If you do not have the proper bacteria flora in your gut to handle the new food source you are about to give it, (undigested carbs) you may find yourself in the small room a lot in the begining.

This should help to increase proper bacteria. I think there is more to this than just blocking carb digestion. I took large doses of resistant starch to achieve a similar bacteria altering therapy.

PINK

GRIN!

OK

Who is going to buy it and try it?

Massive testing will be in order.

Comparative analysis will be required.

Reports to us on a daily basis.

Even if it doesn't work that person will have out gratitude.

Art

EE0213E7CDBE46BF80C36EFCE9D4B769-0000343416-0002351448-00160L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

PINK

MCS,

I agree with you on the importance of good buggies!

I have to get back on that as I have fallen off the wagon.

Pink

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.