Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaurenJ

Lost My Baby

LaurenJ

Hi Everyone. Some of you have probably seen some of my previous posts but I got sad news Tuesday night. I was 14 weeks pregnant and had had a perfectly normal ultrasound at my prior 12 week OB appt. At 12 weeks we saw the baby's heart beating strong at 160, we saw it moving around and legs kicking. I was so looking forward to finding out the sex of the baby in a couple of weeks. Tuesday night I started bleeding and cramping while I was on a beach vacation. We rushed over to the ER for them to tell me that the baby no longer had a heartbeat and was measuring at 11 weeks. I'm so devastated. I'm a type 1 diabetic and this was my first pregnancy. It was unplanned but I was so excited and happy. The hardest part is that I can't get out of my head that 12 week ultrasound. I feel like all the happiness I felt has been ripped away from me and I'll never get it back.

notme

Oh Lauren I am so so so sorry about the loss of your baby. I can't imagine how you must feel right now. I know you have heard all of the words of sympathy and reasoning and I know it doesn't help. My heart goes out to you and your husband. ((((HUGS))))

Penny

I am sorry too Lauren, I do know what you are going through. I wish there was more that we could do to make it better.

Steal

So, so sorry. I wish there was something else that I could say, but just know that we are all thinking of you.

-Steph

e||ement

Lauren

I'm so sorry for your loss. (hugs)

I lost a baby at 12 weeks and understand what you might be going through. Time heals. But make sure you take the time to properly grieve your loss. Sometimes it's the tiniest humans that make the biggest impact in our lives. Remember that :)

Ashley

Lizzie G

i'm so sorry to hear this sad news. as others who have lost babies have said, you never quite get over it but it does get easier and you will feel happy again and hopefully have a perfect healthy little baby when you are ready xxx

Mich

Lauren,

My heart hurts for you. I wish I could give you a real hug.

Take heart. Though it doesn;t feel that way yet, tomorrow is another day.

And you needen't forget. None of us do.

My very best, and wishes of comfort. Mich

janice21475

Dear Lauren,

It is a very sad time for you and your family. Please accept my sympathy.

Please don't be a stranger here,

Janice & Husband

LaurenJ

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. I had an emergency d & c this morning because my body went into labor to pass the baby. Turns out I lost the baby a little over a week ago. Further ultrasounds revealed the baby measured closer to 14 weeks. They told me this morning it was a boy. I'm hoping and praying that time will heal our pain. Thanks again everyone for your support.

nordgirl

Oh Lauren, that's such a shame, I'm so sorry for you. Exactly the same thing happened to me, I also lost a baby at 12 weeks. The feeling of loss is just indescribable. Take my advice and take extra good care of your body right now, keep taking your pre-natal vitamins and eat well. And don't start trying again for a few months. Give yourself a chance to heal!

The good news is that now you know you can get pregnant, and the odds are that you will hit the jackpot with a healthy pregnancy next time. This might have been a systems check practice pregnancy. Let us know when you get the happy news. :)

Lizzie G

HI

Not sure why someone has chosen to reactivate this thread now when Lauren lost her baby last August???

Hope Lauren is doing ok now though xxx

diabetes.resear

I am so terribly heartbroken for your loss. I hope that you receive the comfort and strength you need to get through this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.