Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JenOlejniczak

3rd Trimester Eye Screening

JenOlejniczak

Hi Ladies,

Did any of you find it necessary to get your eyes checked again in the third trimester? I of course had them checked in the first but didn't think it was necessary in the third. What was your experience?

Steal

My doctors always have me wait until I am done unless there is something alarming that is causing an issue- I have never had this. I had a friend who already had some eye issues, so they were more pro checking her throughout to make sure her eyes didn't experience any problems.

Hope that helps.

Steph

Type I since age 6 (25 years)

Daughter #1: 1 year old

35 weeks along with Daughter #2

Current A1C: 5.6%

Scheduled C-Section for 2-3 weeks

Lizzie G

its standard practice here to check you in first and third trimesters, so i had both. didnt really see point as had tight control and no eye issues before, and tight control and no eye issues now; but its yet another appointment to go to and why spoil the fun?!

Steal

That is interesting, Lizzie. My doctor just told me to wait until I was finished and go for my yearly check. There are many things that get strained during pregnancy, so I can understand why they may want us to get it checked. With me only having a few weeks to go, I will wait until this next one is out for my exam.

:)

Steph

Steal

Ironically, I just got a call from the Optometry Office reminding me to come in for my yearly exam. They are not connected to my Diabetes Doctor so I just found it humorous and thought I would share.

Last year, I lost my glasses, just after my first daughter was born. So many people came over to try to "help" and somehow my glasses were lost in the shuffle. I can't believe my daughter is over a year and I am up for the next exam again. I guess time really does fly when you have a cute little one to distract you.

-steph

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.