Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

recovered55

32 weeks pregnant, and chance of early delivery?

recovered55

Hello Mama's!!

I have been having a wonderful pregnancy thus far! He was measuring in the 59% at 31 weeks, at 4lbs, 3oz. I am slightly worried about giving birth to a big baby! My last two A1C's have been 5.5, and 5.7.

I'm doing very well managing it. They said I can manage my diabetes during delivery too. They are inducing me at 38 weeks, 2 days. I am just not sure I will make it until that long. I have already lost my mucus plug, and am having horrible contractions. He has already dropped into the birth canal, and am having a ton of pelvic pain. I start my NST twice a week until delivery on Tuesday.

IS there any chance I'll deliver early? I want him to stay in until at least 36 weeks. Anyone have any advice??

I am doing a natural delivery in the hospital, no epidural.

Thank you!

Steal

Recovered55,

It sounds like your body is just moving right along. When you go in for your NSTs (and I am assuming a few appointments with your doctor) they will tell you if you have started early labor or if your body is just preparing itself, hips widening and all of that. It sounds like our little ones are about the same size. I was told that mine was in the 59th percentile too. There was a woman in my yoga class who lost her mucus plug and had her baby a few weeks later, but this certainly means that things are starting to move and I am sure the doctor will keep an eye on you.

I will think happy thoughts for you and your little one. It sounds like you will see him sooner rather than later. My little one is here in 8 days.

TrickyTreeFrog

woooowhooo you hang in there and keep doing what your doing....good luck and do post a picture after a week or so of birth..

Hugs

Da Fwog

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.