Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickWright

A real low carb pasta... Can this be true?

NickWright

I found this pasta that states only 5 grams per serving... It says that you only digest only 5 grams of carbs while the other 36 carbs of the 41 are passes through like fiber...

This is the link...

Dreamfields Pasta Tastes Great, Low Carb Pasta, Diabetic Pasta, Healthy Pasta Recipes

I found it in Giant Eagle... I'm about to try it out now... I'll let you know how it tastes... :)

BobbyNJ

I've had a number of people, both online and off, suggest this pasta. After trying it for the first time last week, I found it tasted exactly like regular pasta. Also it didn't effect my bg numbers at all.

It should be said, however, that I don't taste the difference between regular box pasta and fresh pasta, so I'm probably not the best judge of taste. Still, it's a great option for low carbers.

Lloyd

I use dreamfields. For me, it does not act like five carbs. It does, however, act like 20 carbs instead of the actual 41. I find that helpful.

-Lloyd

NickWright

It didbn't effect my bg ng numbers at all... :)

I'm hoping it can be reheated because i have plenty of left overs... lol

Moonpie

there are numerous threads on Dreamfields. From what I remember reading, it can cause a delayed spike. I only eat it about once a year.

greydogs

Dreamfields causes less of a spike for me, but, it's not perfect. Al dente, it works fairly well, but, portion control is still a must.

jillybean
It didbn't effect my bg ng numbers at all... :)

I'm hoping it can be reheated because i have plenty of left overs... lol

My understanding is that the more you cook it, the more the carbs break down and will be absorbed.

It never worked well for me. I just make pasta dishes without noodles - lots of meat, sauce, and tons of cheese :) Just had some fabulous leftover spinach lasagna: Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

shanna79

Dreamfields works for me provided it's al dente and I don't eat too much. You CANNOT cook it too much or reheat it or it acts like regular pasta. It needs to be a nice, firm texture for it to be a lower carb food. Which means it doesn't work in boiled, then reheated recipes like lasagne, which is a bummer. :(

jwags

You have to cook it just below aldente, which I don't really like it. I got great 2 hour bgs with it- 102, but I decided to test at 3 and 4 hours and got 148 and 180. When I reheated it the next day I got 200 for a 2 hour reading. For me it is not worth it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.