Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clashann

Baby measuring big

clashann

Hi,

I went to my routine diabetic antenatal clinic today. During the Scan, baby's head and abdominal circumference was measuring at 34 weeks, I am only 29 weeks and 2 weeks ago, baby was measuring as correct size for age. My obs then mentioned my induction might take place in 8 weeks time or possibly sooner. My A1C is really good at 5.4 and apart from the odd post breakfast high, bg's have been fine.

Just wanted to know if any other women have been told their babies are big but they ended up being within normal weight range. I don't doubt my obs, she is very experienced and was pretty much spot on with my other daughter saying she was 8lb 7oz two days before I had her, she weighed 8lb 5oz, I suppose I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance.

aiah23
Hi,

I went to my routine diabetic antenatal clinic today. During the Scan, baby's head and abdominal circumference was measuring at 34 weeks, I am only 29 weeks and 2 weeks ago, baby was measuring as correct size for age. My obs then mentioned my induction might take place in 8 weeks time or possibly sooner. My A1C is really good at 5.4 and apart from the odd post breakfast high, bg's have been fine.

Just wanted to know if any other women have been told their babies are big but they ended up being within normal weight range. I don't doubt my obs, she is very experienced and was pretty much spot on with my other daughter saying she was 8lb 7oz two days before I had her, she weighed 8lb 5oz, I suppose I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance.

It's too early to say. Honestly, your baby could be measuring ahead for a little while and be up to a lb difference (+/-) at birth. If your future NSTs shows that the baby is continuing to measure bigger each week, then yes, an induction will be something they'll be looking at but really there are a lot of variables going into that. Good luck.

Fawn

e||ement

i agree it's too early. however i was told to brace for a 10-pounder. i delivered 2 weeks early and my babe was 7lbs 7oz, so quite average.

clashann
It's too early to say. Honestly, your baby could be measuring ahead for a little while and be up to a lb difference (+/-) at birth. If your future NSTs shows that the baby is continuing to measure bigger each week, then yes, an induction will be something they'll be looking at but really there are a lot of variables going into that. Good luck.

Fawn

Thanks, I will check next time I have an appointment to see if she has continued to grow larger. As for the induction, I know thats happening already, its routine at my hospital to induce at 38 weeks at the latest so its just a matter of when not if. I wish that wasn't the case though, I found my last induction very traumatic so I'm not looking forward to it this time :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.