Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rieom

Baking the Paleo way

rieom

Someone had recently mentioned on this forum about Paleo as a way of eating. I checked it out by googling "paleo baking" and was very surprised, in a good way. Most blogs post recipes that are great for diabetics. They do not use sugar or white flour although here and their some people living this lifestyle will eat sugar. They use flax, almond and coconut flours for the most part. I have not yet tried any recipes because I do not have the proper supplies but it looks promising as a source of information and recipes for us.

DeusXM

That's not really palaeo. Baking requires a certain level of technicality which simply wouldn't have been available to palaeolithic man. If people are serious about 'palaeo' dieting then they should stick to palaeolithic methods rather than trying to find modern 'cheats'.

Of course though, using alternatives to flour in baking could be useful for those eating a diet that requires close consideration of carbs...but it's certainly not palaeolithic.

foxl

No, it is not ... they tend to apply rules, and then try to work around them. They also love to critize others and each other. Hence the Paleo and Primal schism ... sigh.

They have come up with some helpful info for me -- such as peanuts being legumes and thus starchy ... but I do not take kindly to the criticism of my own way of eating, which I truly believe we each must develop for ourselves, rather than blindly follow others.

rieom

You are right that it is not in any sense Paleo baking BUT I have found useful information on different sites and have found recipes I want to try. In order to find these sites, you have to have Paleo in the search phrase. It is just another way to search out information that can help us on our journey.

VeeJay

rieom - thanks for the tip. I'm always on the lookout for new recipes that I can add to my "book". And I don't care what it's called, as long as it suits my way of eating.

I'm going to do that search right now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.