Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sweetblood

Been away awhile...but now I'm back.

sweetblood

I've been busy dealing with a job and stuff, but now I will have plenty of free time to visit here. I've missed you guys and got caught up in dealing with work and stuff but won't have to worry about that anymore.

I am thru with the job I was doing and resigned due to blood sugar issues among other things. it wasn't worth the stress I was experiencing...nuff said on that subject.

I go to my endo at end of december and I have several questions to ask her. I will go prepared with a list of all questions I want to ask, because there are many things that make absolutely no sense whatsoever and I need answers. Its too complicated to elaborate on here so I will leave it at that. And I don't feel up to going into detail about all that's going on right now, but I will let you guys know what she tells me when I go see her.

I just wanted to let u guys know that I am alive and mostly well and sorry for going mia for so long.

I will pop in here sometimes when I am feeling up to it.

Later

Richard157

Hello Sweetblood aka sveetblud aka *******. I know you name, but I will keep it a secret. Lol! It is good to see you here today, and I am glad you are going to see your endo. I hope it will be a good visit and that all of your questions will be answered. Good luck until then!

Richard

MsTCB
I've been busy dealing with a job and stuff, but now I will have plenty of free time to visit here. I've missed you guys and got caught up in dealing with work and stuff but won't have to worry about that anymore.

I am thru with the job I was doing and resigned due to blood sugar issues among other things. it wasn't worth the stress I was experiencing...nuff said on that subject.

I go to my endo at end of december and I have several questions to ask her. I will go prepared with a list of all questions I want to ask, because there are many things that make absolutely no sense whatsoever and I need answers. Its too complicated to elaborate on here so I will leave it at that. And I don't feel up to going into detail about all that's going on right now, but I will let you guys know what she tells me when I go see her.

I just wanted to let u guys know that I am alive and mostly well and sorry for going mia for so long.

I will pop in here sometimes when I am feeling up to it.

Later

Welcome. :)

I'm rather new here so I haven't had the pleasure of talking to you. Glad to see another T1.5 aboard b/c it seems to be relatively rare.

jwags

Welcome back, Sweetblood. Someone on another forum thought he was MODY and just got MODY 1 confirmed with genetic tests. So if you have some unique blood sugar issues that could definitely be an avenue you want to pursue. I'm glad you dealt with the stress of the job, it's just not worth the toll on the body.

sweetblood

Thanks, everyone! I need to run some errands but I will be back here later to chat some more...

Later

sweetblood

Hey, guys...sorry to have been mia lately. Was taking a vacay from the net but now I expect to be posting more now.

I have my endo appt friday and will let u guys know how that goes. Sugar is a bit higher now but still well in normal range most of the time but still having hypos. Im thinking something is messing with my levels and im a little concerned cause I have a swollen gland in my neck that has been there for several months and its not getting smaller. I think I have a couple in my groin although im not sure if they are swoolen glands or not. I will be discussing that issue with my PCP next month. Something just doesnt seem right with me with all these issues going on. And I still have not gained much weight although im eating as much as u feel like eating and am not following a diabetic eating plan at all. But thats a matter to discuss with my doc, among other things.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I am alive and well (mostly, ha ha) and will visit here more now.

I will shout atcha later... :)

MsTCB
Hey, guys...sorry to have been mia lately. Was taking a vacay from the net but now I expect to be posting more now.

I have my endo appt friday and will let u guys know how that goes. Sugar is a bit higher now but still well in normal range most of the time but still having hypos. Im thinking something is messing with my levels and im a little concerned cause I have a swollen gland in my neck that has been there for several months and its not getting smaller. I think I have a couple in my groin although im not sure if they are swoolen glands or not. I will be discussing that issue with my PCP next month. Something just doesnt seem right with me with all these issues going on. And I still have not gained much weight although im eating as much as u feel like eating and am not following a diabetic eating plan at all. But thats a matter to discuss with my doc, among other things.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I am alive and well (mostly, ha ha) and will visit here more now.

I will shout atcha later... :)

I would suggest that you ask your doctor to check your Thyroid function because you have many symptoms that point to a diagnosis of Hyperthyoidism (an over-active thyroid gland). Hyperthyroidism symptoms that you described include Hypokalemia, eating as much as you want and not gaining weight, and swelling in neck (in the area of the thyroid gland). This can easily be determined by checking your TSH, Free T3, and Free T4. If it is Hyperthyroidism, it can be treated fairly easily.

Best wishes to you and I look forward to hearing from you later.

sweetblood

They have checked thyroid multiple times, always comes back normal but I do think theres something going on thats causing all these issues and the key is finding out what that something is... I only wish it were as straightforward as thyroid but it seems to be more complex and harder to diagnose... Its frustrating! I hate the unknown, I like to know whats going on esp when it comes to my health...

sweetblood

Hey guys. Just checking in.

Im getting the swollen lymph node evaluated next week. And I go to endo this friday so I will let u guys know how everything turns out.

I will pop in later.

Cya

sweetblood

I had my appt last friday.

My endo empasised the need to follow the healthiest diet possible... Also a couple vitamin levels we re low, b6 and vit d was lower than she would like. So I am to take vit d, b complex dailly and b 12 three times weekly.

And she emphasised the need for me to eat in the morning instead of waiting till later to eat. Thats gonna be kinda hard as I will have to force myself to eat as I only eat when I get hungry.

My a1c is perfect considering all the lows at 5.5, but some highs I had kept it at that level instead of dropping it. I am happy bout that. All in all I am happy bout my overall control. Its these hypos that r tough to deal with... I had one today. Went down to 55 :( It was real rough but I have recovered now.

I go to internist tomorrow to see about swoolen gland in neck. Will update u guys after I get done with appointment.

Later.

sweetblood

Hey. Just wanted to check in and let you guys know I am ok. Just been dealing with some **** and getting it all straightened out. I will spare you the boring details...

Will pop in in next couple days...

Later

sweetblood

Just trying to hang in there... Im under so much stress I consulted a psychiatrist and because I have numerous issues I need to deal with. I am seriously considering meds to help me to function better... I will talj with the psych and get his input. Plus I want a diagnosis so I can learn about whatever condition I am dealing with.

That said I have a pretty good idea what the diagnosis would be but thats up to the psych to determine. I will keep you guys posted.

Later

MsTCB

Hang in there.

How did your Thyroid tests turn out? If your Thyroid isn't functioning optimally, it can cause Depression. Make sure your Psychiatrist checks your Thyroid.

sweetblood

My thyroid has checked out absolutely normal the numerous times it was checked.

Im just totally wacko...lol. Im up down up down numerous times daily. The other thing that gets me is insane pms...i cannot stand it. But I smoke cigarettes so I dont think the meds for severe pms are an option...so I just suffer.

sweetblood

I had to go to the er this morning...asthma episode. I got a script for a short course of predinisone, whoo hoo. NOT.

Which means watching my sugars very closely...and watching my carb intake like a hawk.....

But I am feeling better than I did earlier. And I got the deluxe breathing treatment, triple strength...still shaky from it but not nearly as bad as when I was getting ithe treatment.

sweetblood

I ended going to the ER yesterday morning for an asthma attack I got at 4 am. I am now on predinisone for three more days. They gave me a triple strength breathing treatment that made me shake like a leaf. Not fun. But I am feeling better finally. I started feeling bad this morning but was able to head off another attack.

But other than that I am ok.

Talk to you guys later

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.