Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrsMia

Has anybody here tried red palm oil?

MrsMia

I just purchased some red palm oil after Chris Masterjohn mentioned it in one of his articles about how it is one of the saturated fats that he eats. I haven't tried it yet but since I'm not too crazy about the taste of coconut oil I thought I would see if this is has an acceptable taste. I must say it does have a different kind of look for an oil. Looks like hot sauce. :)

DeusXM

I'd stay away from palm oil of any kind - the farming process for it is driving Orangutans and Sumatran Tigers to extinction - estimates suggest that palm oil consumption will mean Orangutans will be extinct before 2030 unless something significantly changes.

MrsMia
I'd stay away from palm oil of any kind - the farming process for it is driving Orangutans and Sumatran Tigers to extinction - estimates suggest that palm oil consumption will mean Orangutans will be extinct before 2030 unless something significantly changes.

I don't know if this makes a difference or not but my red palm oil comes from Africa. On the website it states that "When you purchase Tropical Traditions Virgin Palm Oil, you are supporting small scale family producers in Africa, and NOT large corporate plantations in South East Asia."

I certainly would not want to contribute to any animal being driven to extinction as I do participate through funding in wildlife conservation such as programs for our American Bald Eagle and the Wolf Center. I would like to know if there is a difference where the red palm oil comes from.

xMenace

I don't even look at krill oil, another popular oil. I believe we need to protect our oceans first or all animals may become extinct.

foxl
I don't know if this makes a difference or not but my red palm oil comes from Africa. On the website it states that "When you purchase Tropical Traditions Virgin Palm Oil, you are supporting small scale family producers in Africa, and NOT large corporate plantations in South East Asia."

I certainly would not want to contribute to any animal being driven to extinction as I do participate through funding in wildlife conservation such as programs for our American Bald Eagle and the Wolf Center. I would like to know if there is a difference where the red palm oil comes from.

Hmmm would be curious to find out more about this ...

MrsMia
I don't even look at krill oil, another popular oil. I believe we need to protect our oceans first or all animals may become extinct.

I know there is a debate whether krill is sustainable and at this present time I believe it is. But if I should see where it is believed that sustainability is no longer possible I will definitely stop buying krill oil.

Bountyman

It's my concerted opinion that without population control there can be no conservation. We're consuming the planet like ticks on a rodent. It's nice to sit by the fire discussing conservation...but when the fire dies down and the cold creeps in...we go outside for more wood. It seems as long as we have food and shelter...everything else is existential.

Where's a good pandemic when you need one? :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.