Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clashann

Induction date

clashann

I can't wait, I now have my induction date, it's the 3rd Jan when I will be 38+3 days.

It can't get here soon enough, I'm so excited :) I really didn't want to be induced again, I found it rather traumatic 2 years ago but now as time has gone on, I just want her here as safely as possible but I'm definately going for an epidural this time lol.

Just wanted to share :D

clashann

Well my induction didn't exactly go to plan. I went in on the 3rd only to go home that evening as there were a lack of special care beds, I was then re-admitted on the 5th and the induction started with a 24 hour pessary.

On the 6th my waters were due to be broken but yet again there was a lack of special care beds so I was sent to a different hospital. I didn't get to the new hospital until 9.30pm so my waters were due to be broken the following morning. After a few delays, I finally made it onto the labour ward where my waters were broken and drips set up for the induction.

A few hours on and there was a lack of progress even though I was contracting well, the midwife wanted to monitor the baby more efficently so wanted to place a monitor on her skull, unfortunatly it was discovered that baby was coming arm first, a consultant was called who tried to push her arm back in :eek: which failed so I was rushed to theatre for an emergency c section.

We were warned beforehand that her arm could be fractured or shoulder dislocated but thankfully she only suffered bruising..........so finally Evie arrived at 12.05am on the 8th Jan weighing 7lb 9oz :)

post-42092-139628779873_thumb.jpg

jillybean

Glad baby is healthy and all is well! I have to tell you I brought up Evie as my favorite name if we were having a girl, and my husband vetoed it :( I think it's adorable and a little different :) As it turns out, we're having a boy, so...water under the bridge!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.