Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kibescorp

Fat promotes insulin resistance FAR more than carbs do

MsTCB
You agree that one shouldn't speak for all diabetics, but you stand by your statements of "truth" as LC being the only way for all T2s? Wonder if you see the slight paradox in there...

No paradox... I agree that people choose different methods for treating their Diabetes. That is not a judgment. It is just simply "is" a fact.

I stand by my PERSONAL belief that people with Diabetes should control their carb intake.

Subby
No paradox... I agree that people choose different methods for treating their Diabetes. That is not a judgment. It is just simply "is" a fact.

I stand by my PERSONAL belief that people with Diabetes should control their carb intake.

You're not agreeing with me there, because my point was not simply that "people choose different methods". That is an statement obvious and basically meaningless, as it doesn't speak to effectiveness or appropriateness of the method. My point was that people can use and may indeed need different methods including different levels of carbs. That was quite obvious - it's why I did things like list actual physical variations between people. To stand by your comments that LC is the only way (your earlier comments that is: "controlling carbs" is a very watered down version applicable to anything that doesn't involve unbridled unconscious carb consumption) is not compatible with my comments.

Is it a big issue that we disagree? Not to me.

MsTCB
You're not agreeing with me there, because my point was not simply that "people choose different methods". That is an statement obvious and basically meaningless, as it doesn't speak to effectiveness or appropriateness of the method. My point was that people can use and may indeed need different methods including different levels of carbs. That was quite obvious - it's why I did things like list actual physical variations between people. To stand by your comments that LC is the only way (your earlier comments that is: "controlling carbs" is a very watered down version applicable to anything that doesn't involve unbridled unconscious carb consumption) is not compatible with my comments.

Is it a big issue that we disagree? Not to me.

Actually, it does NOT matter to me if we agree or disagree.

My opinions and beliefs still stand regardless.

In my opinion, LC and "controlling carbs" is the same thing because whenever you "lower" carbs, it is implied that you are consciously making an effort to "control" your carb intake.

I AGREE that people can use different levels of carbs. Some can eat 30 grams/day, some 60, others 90 or 120, etc.

In my opinion, the lower, the better.

Not everyone CHOOSES that.

And that's okay with me, too.

BUT, I'll say it again, this IS a sub-form for people who support a LOW carb/HIGH fat lifestyle. It's not a weight loss method; although many people find that their weight naturally normalizes to a healthy number by following this lifestyle.

Caravaggio
Hidden
Points made previously are that this is the LC subforum and should only be for people who want to support LCHF. That's fair enough. Just remember it's the LC support forum, not the 'slag off everyone who doesn't LC' forum.

I'll be asking what may seem stupid questions: Why is this LC subforum only for those who support an LC/HF diet? Are there no other permutations of low-carb, such as low carb, moderate protein, moderate fat; or low carb, high protein, moderate fat; or low carb, high protein, low fat? I've read a number of low carb proponents (here and in blogs) who insist that the only way to go is LC/HF, but there are other low carb proponents who also recommend other macronutrient ratios (but still fit a low carb lifestyle) that equally work for many others. If LC/HF is not the only workable type of low carb lifestyle, then this subforum should not be limited to LC/HF believers. The last time I checked, this subforum is called "Low carb lifestyle" and not LC/HF lifestyle.

Caravaggio

Can someone please clarify something for me?

Why is this LC subforum being described as only for those who support an LC/HF diet? Are there no other permutations of low-carb, such as low carb, moderate protein, moderate fat; or low carb, high protein, moderate fat; or low carb, high protein, low fat? I've read a number of low carb proponents (here and in blogs) who insist that the only way to go is LC/HF, but there are other low carb proponents who also recommend other macronutrient ratios (but still fit a low carb lifestyle) that equally work for many others. If LC/HF is not the only workable type of low carb lifestyle, then this subforum should not be limited to LC/HF believers.

The last time I checked, this subforum is called "Low carb lifestyle" and not LC/HF lifestyle. The description of this subforum only refers to reduced carbohydrates. It makes no mention of going high fat as well. Hence, I read it as being open to all variations of a low carb lifestyle, and not just to LC/HF.

Subby
Hidden
You do not have to agree with me or my expressions of support of this lifestyle, but you DO have to STOP harassing, trolling, and otherwise pestering me because I SUPPORT a LC/HF lifestyle and post my believe in a LC/HF sub-forum.

This is a completely unacceptable and hostile response to the posts I have made here. Reported to the mods - whether action is taken or not, DF members should not have to deal with this kind of name calling and flamebaiting when going about reasonable conversation.

ant hill

Thanks MrsTCB, I have be known to loose weight by exercise or having to physically do work for a living. We can also agree to eat what can give us energy. With today's lifestyle we become less physically active hence the fat we carry. With ourselves, We have to workout how we want to loose weight as we see in this forum ourselves.

LC/HF is popular because of our lifestyle that we have today. I am no expert on a LC/HF diet but there's one thing that you have to give up as that's very simple, CARBS!!!!! No matter how you guys eat there's carbs everywhere. Pasta is Pasta, No matter how you look at it as it still a carb. ;):)

Subby
My opinions and beliefs still stand regardless.

I'm not entirely sure why you state this - I never questioned whether you kept holding your beliefs. People believe all sorts of things, and I certainly don't necessarily agree with them. I can disagree with them, but in doing so and explaining how and why, I'm not saying their beliefs do not exist or "stand" for them!

In my opinion, LC and "controlling carbs" is the same thing because whenever you "lower" carbs, it is implied that you are consciously making an effort to "control" your carb intake.

One can "control carbs" eating all the way up to very high carb, if one wishes and it works. This is the basic insulin dependent method of taking insulin. That's why we all love i:c ratios so much: they scale to whatever level of carbs you wish to eat, while providing a measure of control. That control may or may not become less successful the higher the carbs: but as you intimate, people have different levels of carb tolerance.

In other words, the amout of carbs may vary quite significantly. And there's nothing to stop that scale going up through low, mod, high, depending on the diabetic.

I think your position here has been quite moderate, if a bit arbitrary. (You mention different levels of carbs: so why stop at 120g max?) but I'll note it really is quite a different tune to the statements of "truth" you "stood by" which are what you are apparently defending:

A diet of "high carbs" is NEVER okay for a Diabetic to eat

Where is the threshold for all? Who are you to choose it for all? On what basis do you choose it for all? These are genuine questions.

BUT, I'll say it again, this IS a sub-form for people who support a LOW carb/HIGH fat lifestyle. It's not a weight loss method; although many people find that their weight naturally normalizes to a healthy number by following this lifestyle.

Yep, I agree it's not just a weight loss method (although I don't think it should be excluded as a weight loss method, diabetes involved or not). My previous comments applied just as much to blood sugar control and varied methods, as they did to weight.

As a final note, I will say that I have not made any derogatory comments about you and your conduct, and I've continued to stick to the topic and remain respectful. Kindly return the favour. Again I have no problem if we disagree, and the purpose of my replies are to clear up what my post was about in the first place: you original comments that you first retracted or apologised for, and are now again defending with much aplomb. You are welcome to prefer LC/HF of course, but if you are going to continue to say you have the only answer and that high carb is NEVER okay for a diabetic to eat, you do need to expect some level of alternative opinions, questioning and debate. Even - even especially - in a low carb lifestyle forum, where the point is to discuss the issues, not just try and barrage any alternative view out of the door.

MsTCB
Can someone please clarify something for me?

Why is this LC subforum being described as only for those who support an LC/HF diet? Are there no other permutations of low-carb, such as low carb, moderate protein, moderate fat; or low carb, high protein, moderate fat; or low carb, high protein, low fat? I've read a number of low carb proponents (here and in blogs) who insist that the only way to go is LC/HF, but there are other low carb proponents who also recommend other macronutrient ratios (but still fit a low carb lifestyle) that equally work for many others. If LC/HF is not the only workable type of low carb lifestyle, then this subforum should not be limited to LC/HF believers.

The last time I checked, this subforum is called "Low carb lifestyle" and not LC/HF lifestyle. The description of this subforum only refers to reduced carbohydrates. It makes no mention of going high fat as well. Hence, I read it as being open to all variations of a low carb lifestyle, and not just to LC/HF.

I totally agree. I did not mean to imply that it is ONLY for the LC/HF combination. It is my understanding that it is for anyone and everyone who follows a low-carb lifestyle regardless of how many carbs you decide to call "low."

MsTCB

I STILL believe that ALL Diabetics should control their carb intake.

My "retraction" as you call it, was not a retraction of my belief - I was "retracting" my use of the term "truth" because it offended Rad. Yeah, call me silly, but I happen to CARE about offending others.

If you don't like my statements of support for the low-carb lifestyle, then I suggest that you don't wander onto this subforum. But, I WILL continue to make such statements of my personal beliefs and opinions.

The reason I did not go beyond 120 grams of carbs is because going much higher than that will result in a Diabetic taking an excessive amount of Insulin - in my opinion. Those are just the facts - as I see them. Argue all you want to, sweetheart, but I won't change my mind.

MsTCB
.... in a low carb lifestyle forum, where the point is to discuss the issues, not just try and barrage any alternative view out of the door.

Actually Subby this forum is NOT to "discuss the issues" of why you personally choose NOT to follow a low-carb lifestyle.

As stated at the top of this sub-forum page, "The low carb lifestyle forum is for discussion on FOLLOWING a reduced carbohydrate lifestyle."

Note: it is to discuss FOLLOWING the low-carb lifestyle. It is Not for those coming here to ARGUE about why they do NOT FOLLOW the LC lifestyle.

That's the bottom line.

Again, I was responding to the OP who came here and said that people should follow either high carb, OR high fat, OR high carb/high fat. I was making the point that high carb should not be followed by any person with Diabetes, and high carb/high fat can't be followed by anyone - not even Paula Deen. :)

You pulled my words WAY out of context and have continued to argue about your choice NOT to FOLLOW the LC lifestyle for several pages now.

You are not only way off topic, but also this is NOT the right place to come and argue about your personal choice to eat high carbs. It is irrelevant.

Subby
Actually Subby this forum is NOT to "discuss the issues" of why you personally choose NOT to follow a low-carb lifestyle.

As stated at the top of this sub-forum page, "The low carb lifestyle forum is for discussion on FOLLOWING a reduced carbohydrate lifestyle."

Note: it is to discuss FOLLOWING the low-carb lifestyle. It is Not for those coming here to ARGUE about why they do NOT FOLLOW the LC lifestyle.

That's the bottom line.

Again, I was responding to the OP who came here and said that people should follow either high carb, OR high fat, OR high carb/high fat. I was making the point that high carb should not be followed by any person with Diabetes, and high carb/high fat can't be followed by anyone - not even Paula Deen. :)

You pulled my words WAY out of context and have continued to argue about your choice NOT to FOLLOW the LC lifestyle for several pages now.

You are not only way off topic, but also this is NOT the right place to come and argue about your personal choice to eat high carbs. It is irrelevant.

I'm not following. I think you are basically making this up out of thin air as you go. I haven't talked about my own personal choices at all. I don't think you even have any clue what level of carbs I eat anyway so what you've based these assumptions on is anyone's guess. I have simply discussed your comments that you believe that low carb is the only way for all diabetics. I'm not here to argue against this beyond what I consider some basic common sense that for some reason you are failing to grasp or acknowledge. Oh well - beyond that I think I simply have a right to point out here, that I know diabetics who manage well on mod carb, on high carb, so I think your position that low carb is the only way is untrue and unfair to many people. Just as much as the OP was incorrect about saying that low carb is not an option for anyone. I think that's equally untrue.

Discussing high carb and low carb and whether the only way low carb for all diabetics as you have maintained, is on topic - or if it is not, then your comments are not either. Either way, I'm happy for my comments to stand, for you to disagree, and inevitably, for you to be extremely hostile as you are here. As usual, you have not hesitated in attacking me in any way as with other people, in calling me off topic, irrelevant and far worse things in previous recent posts: you may like to consider if it's a particularly reasonable way to conduct yourself and whether it speaks to whether you are secure or not in your opinion.

MsTCB
I'm not following. I think you are basically making this up out of thin air as you go. I haven't talked about my own personal choices at all. I don't think you even have any clue what level of carbs I eat anyway so what you've based these assumptions on is anyone's guess. I have simply discussed your comments that you believe that low carb is the only way for all diabetics. I'm not here to argue against this beyond what I consider some basic common sense that for some reason you are failing to grasp or acknowledge. Oh well - beyond that I think I simply have a right to point out here, that I know diabetics who manage well on mod carb, on high carb, so I think your position that low carb is the only way is untrue and unfair to many people. Just as much as the OP was incorrect about saying that low carb is not an option for anyone. I think that's equally untrue.

Discussing high carb and low carb and whether the only way low carb for all diabetics as you have maintained, is on topic - or if it is not, then your comments are not either. Either way, I'm happy for my comments to stand, for you to disagree, and inevitably, for you to be extremely hostile as you are here. As usual, you have not hesitated in attacking me in any way as with other people, in calling me off topic, irrelevant and far worse things in previous recent posts: you may like to consider if it's a particularly reasonable way to conduct yourself and whether it speaks to whether you are secure or not in your opinion.

I have no such feelings of "hostility" as you ascribe to me.

I will continue to state that THIS subforum is NOT the proper place for you to wander onto to fiercely debate your personal choice NOT to follow a low-carb lifestyle.

Note: This subforum is to discuss FOLLOWING the low-carb lifestyle. It is NOT for those coming here to ARGUE about why you do NOT FOLLOW the LC lifestyle.

That's the bottom line.

Also, STOP the name-calling and snarky personal comments. No one is "attacking" you.

Oh, and my opinion still stands. :)

Subby
I have no such feelings of "hostility" as you ascribe to me.

I will continue to state that THIS subforum is NOT the proper place for you to wander onto to fiercely debate your personal choice NOT to follow a low-carb lifestyle.

It's all in black and white up above, that I've been doing no such thing. I don't even eat high carb, your claim about that is false, and your claim that I have been debating that here is false. I really think you should stop making up fibs about me that can be exposed by reading up a few posts.

Note: This subforum is to discuss FOLLOWING the low-carb lifestyle. It is Not for those coming here to ARGUE about why you do NOT FOLLOW the LC lifestyle.

That's the bottom line.

Again at no point have I argued that. I've explored your claim that Low carb is the only viable method for any diabetic. I think that's quite important, whether on the general Diabetes forum or on the Low Carb lifestyle forum. Consider this Diabetes Forum rule:

Please be respectful of fellow posters:

...Most of all, remember that while certain regimes might work for one, they may or may not work for others. Pushing your regime on one or taking over threads to push your regime will not be tolerated.

If saying point blank that nothing but low carb is viable for diabetic control, that's any diabetic, all members, all of the millions in the world of all the different types, and spending post after post defending that claim and trying to define and speak on behalf of the "forum" is not transgressing this rule, I'm not sure what would be. So, I'm no mod, but I certainly reserve the right to disagree with you, even if it means you try tactic a, b, c, d, e and f to try and dismiss and denigrate alternative opinion.

Enjoy your next attempt at dominating me, the thread and the forum in your need to push your extreme regime philosophy, and keep it: it's quite disgraceful. I'd predict that one day, you might find that privilege is taken away from you.

MsTCB

I most definitely have NOT been "pushing my regime" on anyone.

I have simply stated my personal opinion that eating high carbs is not a good idea for anyone with Diabetes.

I stated it within the context of the OP stating his belief that eating high carbs or a high carb/high fat diet is a good thing.

And, I posted my opinion in a subforum that is designated for discussions regarding FOLLOWING a low carb diet.

There is nothing wrong with that.

You may continue to fiercely disagree with my opinion, but that is irrelevant.

My opinion still stands.

Subby
I most definitely have NOT been "pushing my regime" on anyone.

I have simply stated my personal opinion that eating high carbs is not a good idea for anyone with Diabetes.

I stated it within the context of the OP stating his belief that eating high carbs or a high carb/high fat diet is a good thing.

And, I posted my opinion in a subforum for FOLLOWING a low carb diet.

Yep, you did exactly back to the op, what the op did to you. You're both about on the same level in terms of trying to inflict one dietary philosophy on the other. I don't think much of your forum defence: that would be like saying it would be fine for me to tell a T2 on diet that all diabetics should be on insulin, because I happen to be in a T1 sub forum, where all the usual suspects of the sub forum take insulin. I don't think that should circumvent basic respect for others' regimen choices, respect meaning allowing it may work for others - or the forum rules - at all.

Cormac_Doyle

umm ... I would say that a lot of people view the forum using the "new threads" filter ... which does not show where the thread is

As long as people remain civil, it shouldn't matter (just try and ensure that your advice is always tagged appropriately)

With respect to this thread, the op seems to have been reading straight from the "Internet Tolling for Dummies" handbook - deliberately selecting a sub-forum and then posting something directly contrary to the aims of that forum without any supporting evidence or information. When he was called on it, he seemed to disappear.

As to the current argument - drop it.

If someone reads the low carb forum and decides for themselves that they like the idea, but wouldn't go that far, that is normal and appropriate - it is unfair to immediately label them a "high carber" OR BE ANTAGONISTIC TOWARDS THEM!

MsTCB

Also Note: That you have mis-quoted me as having said, "nothing but low carb is viable for diabetic control."

I actually never said that!!

DeusXM
And, I posted my opinion in a subforum that is designated for discussions regarding FOLLOWING a low carb diet.

Nope, but there's quite a lot wrong with posting that anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is 'unenlightened', regardless of which subforum you posted it in. That was the issue under discussion. It was the same issue as that of the OP, who posted that anyone who didn't agree with them was 'dumb'.

No-one's trying to change your opinion of low-carbing. We're just saying that you don't need to insult people who don't share your opinion. You seemed quite happy for us to take this line with the OP, where several people (including myself) deconstructed the OP's arguments in a reasonable and constructive manner, whilst requesting the OP not be so rude in expressing themselves - something the OP recognised and was prepared to do.

Why should a different rule apply to you? I'd be asking you this very same question regardless of whatever approach you took.

Peggy_TX

This subforum is not a "biased" - it is full of people who happen to know the TRUTH and practice it. For whatever reason, not everyone with Diabetes chooses to be this enlightened. But there is a difference between being "biased" and being "committed to the truth."

I think everyone needs to take a step back, take a deep breath, and consider how what they are saying is coming across.

MsTCB -- I assure you that it was not just Rad who found this statement grating.

Even if I personally try to follow a as-low-as-i-can C/as-much-as-seems-right F diet, it is the TONE of some of these posts that is just not coming across well.

To be arguing with Deus and Subby as if they are high-carb pushers?? I think everyone is just taking this all to the wrong levels.

And I'm sorry to pick on this one post, as there have been things said by a couple people that were just.... less than helpful.

Personally, I don't see the point in this being a "my way or the highway" subforum. I think discussing nuances of a variety of "LC" issues is helpful. NO ONE is posting here to suggest that eating LC is wrong... the OP was arguing against HF (and, especially with his followup statement, just seems genuinely confused as to how to accomplish LC WITHOUT HF).... but I have my own reservations on HF -- DEPENDING ON HOW YOU DEFINE IT. I eat all the fat I want. But I eat coconut oil, avacado.... haven't had red meat in 20 years.... There are plenty of things I'd improve in my diet, but I would feel disgusting if I ate a pile of greasy food. I don't think it would be bad for my diabetes, but I wouldn't want to eat it. Does that make me "HF" ?? Dunno. Don't really care. But I think this thread might proceed better if we all focused more on substance and less on labels.....

MsTCB
Hidden
Nope, but there's quite a lot wrong with posting that anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is 'unenlightened', regardless of which subforum you posted it in. That was the issue under discussion. It was the same issue as that of the OP, who posted that anyone who didn't agree with them was 'dumb'.

No-one's trying to change your opinion of low-carbing. We're just saying that you don't need to insult people who don't share your opinion. You seemed quite happy for us to take this line with the OP, where several people (including myself) deconstructed the OP's arguments in a reasonable and constructive manner, whilst requesting the OP not be so rude in expressing themselves - something the OP recognised and was prepared to do.

Why should a different rule apply to you? I'd be asking you this very same question regardless of whatever approach you took.

My statement speaks to my PASSION for following a low carb diet. It is not a "put down" towards others.

The difference between my statement and that of the OP is that this sub-forum is for people to discuss PRO (as in "following" or endorsing) low-carb issues.

My statement was a PRO low-carb statement.

The OP did the opposite.

His statement was "ANTI" low-carb.

And, he placed his statement in a PRO low-carb subforum.

MAJOR difference.

MsTCB
Hidden
I think everyone needs to take a step back, take a deep breath, and consider how what they are saying is coming across.

MsTCB -- I assure you that it was not just Rad who found this statement grating.

Even if I personally try to follow a as-low-as-i-can C/as-much-as-seems-right F diet, it is the TONE of some of these posts that is just not coming across well.

To be arguing with Deus and Subby as if they are high-carb pushers?? I think everyone is just taking this all to the wrong levels.

And I'm sorry to pick on this one post, as there have been things said by a couple people that were just.... less than helpful.

Personally, I don't see the point in this being a "my way or the highway" subforum. I think discussing nuances of a variety of "LC" issues is helpful. NO ONE is posting here to suggest that eating LC is wrong... the OP was arguing against HF (and, especially with his followup statement, just seems genuinely confused as to how to accomplish LC WITHOUT HF).... but I have my own reservations on HF -- DEPENDING ON HOW YOU DEFINE IT. I eat all the fat I want. But I eat coconut oil, avacado.... haven't had red meat in 20 years.... There are plenty of things I'd improve in my diet, but I would feel disgusting if I ate a pile of greasy food. I don't think it would be bad for my diabetes, but I wouldn't want to eat it. Does that make me "HF" ?? Dunno. Don't really care. But I think this thread might proceed better if we all focused more on substance and less on labels.....

Peggy, I agree with MOST of what you said.

The exception being that I am arguing with Deus and Subby as if they are high-carb pushers.

I never said or implied they were "high-carb pushers."

What I object to is their attempt to censor my PASSION for low-carbing, especially when I made my passionate statements in a low-carb sub-forum.

Perhaps the mistranslation is due to them taking a more LITERAL interpretation of my words.

Actually the OP later said that people should follow a high fat OR high carb OR both (HF/HC) diet.

The subforum rules state: "If you do not follow a low carb lifestyle and would like to particapate in this forum then we ask you to please be respectful of people who do follow a low carb lifestyle. Ridiculing, criticizing, degrading or any other kind of harshness is not tolerated. These posts will be deleted."

Peggy_TX
Hidden
Peggy, I agree with MOST of what you said.

The exception being that I am arguing with Deus and Subby as if they are high-carb pushers.

I never said or implied they were "high-carb pushers."

What I object to is their attempt to censor my PASSION for low-carbing, especially when I made my passionate statements in a low-carb sub-forum.

Perhaps the mistranslation is due to them taking a more LITERAL interpretation of my words.

Again, I recommend a step back and some deep breaths.

The internet is a tricky thing.

Words do not always come across as we intend them.

When MULTIPLE people seem to be misunderstanding, there may be a need to consider how ideas are being phrased.

#1 rule -- this is a SUPPORT FORUM. For people with a serious condition. Passion is wonderful -- if it can be translated to something that helps others. If the words used are creating barriers, maybe different words can be chosen? Newly diagnosed diabetics will read this thread a year from now.... what will THEY take away? What is being said that will inspire them or given them ideas they will want to embrace? Just some things to think about....

Subby
Hidden

That's a good suggestion. For myself, I'm quite happy with what I've said. I don't think I've been unreasonable, and I think I've made fair points against a whole bevy of unpleasant and even bizarre claims about what I am saying and what went before. Certainly I think the issue of dissing alternative regimens - and it can be subtle whether it is a diss or not - is important, and should not be chased away with a few angry words or claims it is irrelevant.

However, I hold no illusions that with the complex fictions woven around what I am supposed to have been saying, that the impression is not strong that I'm a slavering idiot out to crush everyone with 400g of carbs. Sigh. I don't have the time, the energy, or even the skill to dispel that. I can only hope that someone somewhere also agrees with me and the forum rules that it's fine to have an opinion and fine to disagree, but that you should treat each other's posts with a modicum of respect while doing so. Little things, like not claiming that someone is saying something completely different to what they are actually saying...

MsTCB
Hidden

Continuation to Peggy.... (editing timed out)

My statement was in the context of the OP's statement. It was an expression aimed at the OP to state my PASSION that high carbs should not be in the equation at all.

Next thing I know, I'm being told that my opinion is inappropriate.

Sorry if my opinion is offensive, but I still say that HIGH-carbs are not appropriate for Diabetics. I'm not dictating any particular "regime" but that much I do know about Diabetes. It is a disease that effects our ability to properly process carbs. To bombard the body with high carbs, knowing that it cannot properly process them is NOT appropriate. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it no matter how much people want to censor it.