Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kibescorp

Fat promotes insulin resistance FAR more than carbs do

MsTCB
Hidden
Again, I recommend a step back and some deep breaths.

The internet is a tricky thing.

Words do not always come across as we intend them.

When MULTIPLE people seem to be misunderstanding, there may be a need to consider how ideas are being phrased.

#1 rule -- this is a SUPPORT FORUM. For people with a serious condition. Passion is wonderful -- if it can be translated to something that helps others. If the words used are creating barriers, maybe different words can be chosen? Newly diagnosed diabetics will read this thread a year from now.... what will THEY take away? What is being said that will inspire them or given them ideas they will want to embrace? Just some things to think about....

When the objections are only coming from 2 people and those 2 people don't even follow the low-carb lifestyle, well then.... I consider the source. Of course, they won't find my PASSION helpful or supportive. They have both said numerous times in other threads that they don't want or need to eat low carb. That's fine and dandy. But, they should NOT come onto to a low-carb lifestyle subforum and attack me for having a PASSION for the LC lifestyle.

MsTCB
Hidden
That's a good suggestion. For myself, I'm quite happy with what I've said. I don't think I've been unreasonable, and I think I've made fair points against a whole bevy of unpleasant and even bizarre claims about what I am saying and what went before. However, I hold no illusions that with the complex fictions woven around what I am supposed to have been saying, that the impression is not strong that I'm a slavering idiot out to crush everyone with 400g of carbs. Sigh. I don't have the time, the energy, or even the skill to dispel that. I can only hope that someone somewhere also agrees with me and the forum rules that it's fine to have an opinion and fine to disagree, but that you should treat each other's posts with a modicum of respect while doing so. Little things, like not claiming that someone is saying something completely different to what they are actually saying...

No one disrespected you, but you have certainly made many personal derogatory remarks about me.

And, I never said or implied that you endorsed a 400g carb diet.

What I object to is your insistence that I censor my PASSION for the LC lifestyle.

I will not.

I do not back down from BULLIES.

Subby
Hidden

Hmmmm... interesting claims, MsTCB. Of course, when it comes to derogatory remarks, what is no longer seen, does not exist... right?

MsTCB
Hidden
Um, lady, you called me a troll amongst other things a few pages back. It was removed by a mod, amongst about 5 other strong terms about how I'm horrible and nasty. If you think I have done anything like that to you, please provide the example.

I really think you should practise that take a breath suggestion before you post.

Lady, you are definitely trolling. You do it all the time. You knit-pick people to death all the time.

The editing was NOT from 5 other strong terms. And, I never said anything about you being "horrible or nasty"

All I said was that you need to STOP your harassment.

For ex. Just go back up a few lines and you'll see them.

Subby
Hidden

Um, yeah, I was just trying to get over being called "lady". :D

MsTCB
Hidden
Hmmmm... interesting claims, MsTCB. Of course, when it comes to derogatory remarks, what is no longer seen, does not exist... right?

Only if it's captured in a quote. :)

MsTCB
Hidden
Um, yeah, I was just trying to get over being called "lady". :D

You mean you aren't a lady?

That is so unladylike. :D

Subby
Hidden
Lady, you are definitely trolling. You do it all the time. You knit-pick people to death all the time.

The editing was NOT from 5 other strong terms. And, I never said anything about you being "horrible or nasty"

All I said was that you need to STOP your harassment.

Thanks for your friendly words and commitment to the truth, yet again. Take care now... :)

MsTCB
Hidden
Thanks for your friendly words and commitment to the truth, yet again. Take care now... :)

Wait....come back.....I was so looking forward to spending the entire day with you, girlfriend.

Can I at least have a hug?

:D