Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ronin

2012 Outdoor Bicycle Riding

ORjt

Ronin, well said!

Raffi, you're a braver man than I! Ice/gravel, not my cup of tea. Keep up the good work, you are quite the inspiration!

Everyone: have a great and safe New Year!

We've had a brief respite (much needed) from the incessant rain - 2012 has been the 4th wettest on the record books (and #2 and 3 were within spitting distance). With that, I've been able to get out for 3 of the last 4 days, and log about 80 miles - yesterday, in very bright sunshine. Today brings very cold, and spitting snow (it's 34 right now -- near noon). No ride today, but looks like I can start 2013 with a ride.

I pretty much hit my goals for the year. Wound up at 2504 miles (goal was 2000 -- met that one nicely!); I completed my first Century in ~35 years (I was 17 for the last one); and a gross check of my logged activities shows I exercised a bit under half the days of the year (goal was 3 or 4 days per week).

Haven't set my goals for next year, yet. I don't do a New Year's Resolution, per se - it'll take me a few days to sort out what I really want to do this year.

I have found that posting here has helped keep me on track - as well as the motivation from seeing what we're all up to; I think that's actually the bigger part.

I've also found that actively logging and reviewing workouts is hugely beneficial. I can see how I'm doing with respect to goals, and keep that at 'top of mind'. I do this all through the Garmin website, so it's really painless --> that's been the best result of last year's Christmas present from DW (Garmin Edge 500).

Keep up the good work, all! See you in next year's thread.

Stay safe out there!

--JT

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.