Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kkirwan

Addicted to carbs - How do I quit?

GAgirl
I have just realized (or finally admitted to myself) that I'm addicted to carbs. I don't know how to quit them without freaking out or turning into a raging witch. I'm actually scared to quit. I quit smoking 9 years ago but I had the gum to help me. As far as I can tell, there's nothing to help with carbs. What do I do?

How do you quit?

For me it was just that I found out I had Type 2 Diabetes like my gr. mother and mother before me and that's all it took! easier for me than quitting smoking- I'd rather have nice kidneys and organs in later years than not in earlier years. Cold turkey low-carbin' it now and forever!

Kkirwan
How do you quit?

For me it was just that I found out I had Type 2 Diabetes like my gr. mother and mother before me and that's all it took! easier for me than quitting smoking- I'd rather have nice kidneys and organs in later years than not in earlier years. Cold turkey low-carbin' it now and forever!

Wow. It's been a long time since I've been on here. I had gastric bypass on June 25. I've been off metformin since June 22. My bg is usually in the 80s-90s now without any medication at all. It's so weird. I'm not allowed to have any starchy food until six months out, so that helps. I don't think I'll ever be able to handle bread or pasta again, though. I'm not physically addicted anymore, but I don't think I'd be able to handle it psychologically. Any questions are welcome.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.