Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shaf9

Low carb diet help

Shaf9

Can anyone give me any ideas for low carb foods that don't have alot of sugar or fat? I need some good snacks that I can take with myself on the go. If you can post your diet, that would be helpful too.

jwags

Why are you looking for low fat? Most people who adopt a low carb diet, actually increase their fat consumption to make up for the lost carbs. Some good snacks might be almonds, walnuts, sunflower, pumpkin seeds, cheese, deli meat, raw veggies and hummus, celery and cream cheese, nut butters and very low carb crackers like WASA or GG.

Here is a typical day for me

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs with cheese fried in coconut oil, 3 or 4 sausages, 1 WASA cracker with butter

Lunch - Turkey, ham or chicken and bacon on a bed of spinach or Romaine with cheese and avacodo

Late snack - several ounces of cheese, pepporoni on a GG cracker or hummus and raw veggies

dinner - bunless cheeseburger with grilled mushroom, several green veggies. If my bg is low enough I will add a small protion of sweet potato fries.

late night snack - 1 Breyers carb smart ice cream bar.

Moonpie
Can anyone give me any ideas for low carb foods that don't have alot of sugar or fat? I need some good snacks that I can take with myself on the go. If you can post your diet, that would be helpful too.

good snacks for on the go would be canned sardines, nuts, homemade flax baked goods, hard boiled eggs, olives etc.

Peggy_TX
good snacks for on the go would be canned sardines, nuts, homemade flax baked goods, hard boiled eggs, olives etc.

Funny you mention sardines.... I was just watching a Good Eats, and Alton Brown was raving about them as a "wonderfood" (including tons of CALCIUM... never would have considered that)

I've never actually tried them. Think I know what to pick up the next time I'm at the store!

Moonpie

they are very fishy. Dh like the ones packed in tomato sauce, but of course that adds to the carb count, I like the ones in olive oil. I hope you enjoy them. Maybe a squeeze of lemon over them helps too.

Sometimes if we eat out, they will have fresh grilled sardines on the menu & I love those much more than the canned ones, but anything fresh grilled will be better than the canned version, Enjoy :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.