Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Malwillms

Been awhille and 26 weeks

Malwillms

I haven't been on in months just been crazy busy at work and adjusting to pregnancy but diabetes is still under control and a 6.1 HGBA1C last month. Just curious around what week you have have already delivered had your little one. Doctor originally said not past 38 weeks for me and then last appt the doc not mine just one in the office said they would let me go as long as possible to 39 weeks. Just trying to get an idea about what to tell my work and when to start my maternity leave. Thanks!!!!!

Julias

I am not a type I but had gestational D with three pregnancies. The first one was induced at 41 weeks. She was overdone and weighed in at almost 10 lbs. The next two were each induced at 38 weeks and I felt they were undercooked although their weight was decent, both at 8 lbs, their length was shorter than the first one by an inch and a bit. And today my first daughter is a tall gorgeous young woman and the two younger ones are also thriving and beautiful but considerably shorter, like by a good 4 inches. Don't know if it has to do with length at birth or inducing at 38 weeks...i'd think that if they let you go as late as possible it can only be good for the babester. But again, not a type 1 so I could be way off base. Good luck in any event, it is just wonderful to be pregnant, bring a baby into the world and parent. I really don't know what I did for fun before!

Steal

I delivered my first at 37.5 and my second at 38.5 weeks. I hope that helps. Sounds like you are right on track and all is going well. We live close by, if you ever need anything.

Steal

My girls were 7.5 and 7 pounds, right on track. After giving birth, my nurse explained that this was the perfect weight. I found it so interesting. She said that when they are heavier babies they necessitate more feedings since they are bigger and sometimes this can be tough if you aren't producing that much yet. She said if they are underweight, they will also need more feedings to help put on weight. But, somehow the 6.5-8.0 pound rage seems to allow for easy eating and sleeping little ones. This is certainly a generalization and might not apply to everyone, but I found it true in both of our cases and thought it was an interesting comment.

I hope all goes well for delivery. You are almost there.

Malwillms

Thanks Steph and Julias, I think I will go with my orginial plan unless things change to go on mat leave starting at 35 weeks which should be good either way if I deliver at 36 or later.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.