Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jojeti

Ketostix

jojeti

Why after eating less than 20 gms of carbs a day for many weeks, no wheat and no cheating doesn't ketones show up on my ketostix. I don't think it is that the sticks are bad as previously, the same thing with a different batch of sticks? I am losing weight, feel like everything has come together but I can't even get a trace to show up? I am thinking I have to be in Ketosis so whats up with it never showing up on the sticks? I am following directions so I know I am using the sticks right. Do I need to go lower carb?

Cormac_Doyle

I wouldn't worry too much about it

Even if you are in ketosis ... as long as the degree of ketosis correctly matches your metabolic requirements, there shouldn't be any significant "bleed over" into your urine ... which is why even for people who do see it in their urine, it will vary depending on time of day, etc ...

raffi

If you want to see them turn purple, go out and do a 30 mile bike ride. I seem to only have trace levels unless I exercise hard, then it really shows up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.