Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Julias

Carrot cake

Julias

My darling daughter is a champion baker and today she made me a carrot cake with splenda instead of sugar and almond meal instead of regular flour. She put fresh blueberries in to replace raisins and of course all the other ingredients like nuts, carrots and cinnamon. The cream cheese icing also substitutes sugar. I am sure there are still a minimal number of carbs in this but nothing like a "real" cake. It smells fantastic and I can't wait to try it and to see whether my meter likes it too!

Lyla

You are so lucky to have such a sweetheart for a daughter. Your post made my mouth water. I really miss the goodies. My kids live too far away.

I wonder if I could hire someone to cook and bake for me. I copied your recipe just in case.

Julias

And the verdict is....it was absolutely delicious!!!!! I am waiting an hour to test and will report back on what my BGs say!

Julias

Ok...so before dinner I had 93. One hour later i just tested and am at 113!!!!! Post carrot cake!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!! Will report in another hour. I predict in the low 90s. Recipe coming right up in the recipe forum!

Julias

Two hour reading was 111. Wierd but OK.. I thought it would come diwn a bit. I just retested as I am about to go to sleep and on my left hand it was 126 and on my right 113. Very odd....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.