Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moonpie

whats the difference between consuming seeds & grains?

Moonpie

I am trying to go grain free, but I still eat flax meal. Are seeds less inflammatory than grains?

I stopped eating wheat as I went low carb, & feel so much better, I think I want to eliminate all grains ( not that I eat many now)

jwags

I think the difference is the carbs and the fiber. Seeds are much higher in protein and contain all the nutrients in that seed. Wheat is the finished product after the seed has grown. The only grain I eat once in a blue moon is sprouted grain bread which is made from sprouted seeds. I never get a spike with a slice of that type bread. My flaxseed is 4 carbs, but 4 g of fiber. I know on Dr Davis's Wheat Belly site he talks about the inflammation of modern wheat. But he says other grains like brown rice, quinoa and buckwheat are OK. So I think there are lots of ideas on this. I found it is hard to overeat the seeds because your stomach will let you know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.