Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bestjetsfan

Diabetic-friendly foods - a photo log

Bestjetsfan

I like to take pictures of food. So I thought it would be fun to post some here. If you want to add your own, go right ahead, it's a free country. I will include recipes when it's my own creation.

There's nothing more diabetes friendly than good red meat, and there's no better place to indulge than at Dario Cecchini's butcher shop and restaurant in Panzano, Italy. He is the prince of Florentine style steak, and doesn't do too badly with other meat choices. His restaurant above the butcher shop is only open in the evenings three days a week. There are two menu choices - the steak meal, and the really big steak meal. The wood fired grill is in the middle of the dining room. Theer are a few communcal tables, and the waiters just bring you meat, meat and more meat. You get one small boiled potato, but I think that is offered as a joke. There's plenty of Chianti to wash that down. This is a photo of the giant porterhouse steaks grilling on the open fire.

post-43675-139628780318_thumb.jpg

post-43675-139628780317_thumb.jpg

Bestjetsfan

Here's another one I like - fresh olives on a tree at the Viticcio Vineyards in Greve, Tuscany. Their olive oil is even better than their wine, but it is impossible to buy because it is so rare. Approximately 1 gm for 3 or 4 olives. None for the oil.

post-43675-139628780319_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.