Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dccc

Able to have spaghetti

dccc

Fixed dreamfields rotini with spaghetti sauce last night and at 1hr my bg's were 130, walked for 20 min on treadmill and at 2hr it was 114. Yay...looks like I will be able to have some pasta once in awhile...as long as I exercise some afterward. But it's worth it. Still trying different foods and testing, testing and more testing.

jojeti

In the past, I have had good luck with Dreamfields some of the time, and others I haven't. The results seem to be unpredictable for me. I always cook it a minute less than it says and it still sometimes doesn't work for me. I found the lassagne noodles generally are okay for me in lassagna but I am guessing it is due to the fact that in a serving, you don't get a lot of noodles.

jwags

The few times I've had Dreamfields I was 102 at 2 hours but at 3 hours I jumped to 148 and at 4 hours jumped to 200. So always make sure you test at several hours. I think it may have something to do with the coating on the pasta dissolving in your digestive track releasing glucose. Also never reheat leftovers, they will react just like normal pasta.

Moonpie

I have a box of dreamfields in the cupboard, I just don't feel like eating it. I am stuck on the low carb way. LOL I do sometimes make up a pastas type sauce & have it over cabbage or eggplant. We enjoy that too. I am glad you are enjoying the DF pasta.

GizmoWidget

Pasta is one thing I really do miss. Too bad that Dreamfield's spikes me at 3 hrs. up to 6 hrs. after eating.

dccc
Pasta is one thing I really do miss. Too bad that Dreamfield's spikes me at 3 hrs. up to 6 hrs. after eating.

I've also tried the Shirataki noodles and they are even better at not spiking me. I get them at Harris Teeter in the cold section where tofu is located.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.